No announcement yet.

Insane Japanese MD collection ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At $3000 I am pretty sure a seller would be beating off the potential buyers with a stick. Well, perhaps I exaggerate a little ... but it's probably not far from the truth. I reckon that if one of the bigger japanese eBay sellers placed for auction in English & with Paypal, it would easily hit ?2000 - and perhaps even up to the ?3k-?4k that Mayhem suggests.

I must admit, when I looked at that auction the thought also crossed my mind that I do have the money to hand ... but you would need to add shipping, insurance and import duty which would bump it up a lot. And if you went through one of the deputy services, which would clock up even more ...

Not to mention, a lot of the money is the consequence of selling off my Megadrive collection so it would be kind of insane to blow it on another one! But still ... official MD Tetris *drools*

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
      At $3000 I am pretty sure a seller would be beating off the potential buyers with a stick. Well, perhaps I exaggerate a little ... but it's probably not far from the truth. I reckon that if one of the bigger japanese eBay sellers placed for auction in English & with Paypal, it would easily hit ?2000 - and perhaps even up to the ?3k-?4k that Mayhem suggests.

I must admit, when I looked at that auction the thought also crossed my mind that I do have the money to hand ... but you would need to add shipping, insurance and import duty which would bump it up a lot. And if you went through one of the deputy services, which would clock up even more ...

Not to mention, a lot of the money is the consequence of selling off my Megadrive collection so it would be kind of insane to blow it on another one! But still ... official MD Tetris *drools*
      How can one tell weather its an original or not? I mean i could buy the cart for around $30 then just get a decent pic of the cover ..laser print it and bang.?(not that i would)

Comment

Originally posted by Radirgyman View Post
        How can one tell weather its an original or not? I mean i could buy the cart for around $30 then just get a decent pic of the cover ..laser print it and bang.?(not that i would)
        Because the fake ones have a different cover plus the Sega Logo that appears when the game is booted looks like a load of blocks. Also a laser printer wouldn't be able to make a perfect copy of the cartridge sticker of instructions come to think of it. I use a high end colour Epson laser printer in work, fantastic machine but you can tell the difference between printing machine printed stuff and laser printed stuff.

Yakumo

Comment

I think it's somewhere around the £100 mark? Triple figures might be a bit ambitious, not too sure. Either way, we're definitely not even talking the same ballpark here.
          That copy I picked up for £30 a few months was a pretty good investment then
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
          X