Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some Turbografx CD recommendations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some Turbografx CD recommendations!

More precisely, titles which were exclusives on the platform. TG16 ROMs are selling like virtual hot cakes from what I heard, so I hope someone here could suggest a few CD games for me to try (I googled and didn't find a CD-only guide of games)! Cheers!

Dynastic hero is great

Comment

^^ Is on Megadrive & SMS....tho im sure you knew that

It came from the desert........so rad. (ok its on Amiga etc, but not like this)

Comment

When you say TurboGrafx, I take it you mean US releases? Will JP games do? Which genres are you interested in?

Comment

Off the top of my head, I'd say :

Akumajyou Dracula X Chi no Rondo (pricey but very appreciated by Castlevania buffs)
          Gate of Thunder (superlative h-scrolling shooter)
          God Panic Shijyou Saikyu Gundan (indie-type v-shooter
          Götzendiener (action / puzzle / dungeon rpg lite by gainax. isometric view, short and enjoyable)
          Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman 3 : Ikai no Princess (platform action / shooting)
          Kaze Kiri (ninja action. As time goes by, more people start thinking of this one as a classic)
          Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu
          Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu II
          (falcom action adventure; looks great, plays fine)
          Super Dimension Fortress Macross 2036 (h-scroller; great for macross fans and shooter fans alike)
          Rayxanber III (h-scroll shooter, much better than the second, quite enjoyable)
          Spriggan (apparently excellent, but I don't like Compile shooters myself)
          Star Parodia (cd rom spoof of the excellent star soldier titles - think parodius, but v-scrolling)
          Summer Carnival '93 – Nexzr Special (While the cinematics of the original Nexzr release have been cut, several new game modes have been added.)
          Mugen Senshi Valis – The Legend of a Fantasm Soldier (apparently a great remake of the questionable original)
          Valis II
          Valis III
          Valis IV
          Winds of Thunder
          (excellent, h-scrolling shooter)
          Ys Book I & II (a must-play action rpg, absolute class)

Of course, there's no genre distinction there, and not all of those games are - strictly speaking - exclusives. Those are the 'best' versions however. Eg., I think Gate of Thunder got a Sega CD release, but the PCE version gets universal acclaim, and is always mentioned in 'best of PC Engine' games, so...

Comment

I'd recommened you Ys IV (there's an english patch for the game), Exile 1-2 and Popful Mail (this one is japanese only, but there's a FAQ available) if you like Action-RPGs.
            Then there's Dragon Slayer for you're oldschool turnbased RPG needs and if you're into strategy games, you should check out Vasteel, Langrisser and Neo Nectaris (although the last two are japanese only).

And be sure to get Human Sports Festival if you like Tennis games because of the Final Match Tennis version (best tennis game imo).

Comment

Many thanks to everyone who posted! I'll be trying Gate of Thunder first since I'm a big shmup fan

Comment

Working...
              X