Mega Cart V1.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega Cart V1.x

Not sure how many Mega CD fans are out there , but my MegaCart came back today and it works and runs every game perfect (even ones that wouldn't load with the Datel CDX) and best of all its works fine on my Multi Mega , even acts as a memory card too

Overall a top product, and I recommend one to anyone wanting to pay imports on thier Mega CD

http://www.genny4ever.net/megacart/megacart_v1.html

Looks like a decent product, and it's good to hear you are sooo happy with it.

I have a Pal MD with multi-region/60hz switches. If I buy a Pal Mega CD, will I be able to use my 60hz switch to make games run at full speed?

I want to get a Mega CD. Which region is best for me? Any advice appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
      Looks like a decent product, and it's good to hear you are sooo happy with it.

I have a Pal MD with multi-region/60hz switches. If I buy a Pal Mega CD, will I be able to use my 60hz switch to make games run at full speed?

I want to get a Mega CD. Which region is best for me? Any advice appreciated.
      Yes it will run fine at 60 Hz , Just get a cheap Pal Mega CD and away you go .

Comment

I prefer my Mega CD unit with Multibios TBH, plays every game perfectly, the memory cards can be picked up from Japanese sellers for peanuts anyway.

Looks allright I suppose, someone has put a lot of effort into it (IMO not really needed)

Since the Megadrive has to be region and hertz modded, why not just get a modded Mega CD with multibios as well?

Comment

The Mega Drive doesn't have to be region modded at all , and you onlu need a hertz mod if you're using a Pal machine
          The best thing is this works with my Multi Mega Mega and thats why I'm over the moon .

Plus you can also upload games to the 32 meg of memory too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            The Mega Drive doesn't have to be region modded at all , and you onlu need a hertz mod if you're using a Pal machine
            I must of been imagining the following from the website then..

"Play any region discs*"

"*: Some discs require a region/frequency mod."

Plus you can also upload games to the 32 meg of memory too
            Cool.. but dont tell Wheelaa...

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly View Post
              I must of been imagining the following from the website then..

"Play any region discs*"

"*: Some discs require a region/frequency mod."

Thats only becasue some FMV games having trouble running at 50 Hz (if they are NTSC versions ) and so on , or so I think .

Plus this also works with 32X and the Nomad too.(must be for saves ect) I'm over the moon it works with the Multi Mega myself

Comment

Having Wondermega 1 I'm out of luck..

Comment

I've got a wondermega 1 as well (a Sega one) and when I asked the developer about it he said it *should* work. Maybe it's just been tested on one yet?

EDIT yeah it's in the faq

Last edited by mr-monday; 10-01-2007, 21:09.

Comment

But I thought Wondermega has slightly different BIOS... ?

[yea I also have Sega Wondermega 1]

Comment

I'd love to get another Mega CD, and a 32X, what's the best set up to get? I've got a PAL megadrive, but the power lead connectors are worn so the power cuts out if I'm not careful, so another MD may be in order to go with them...

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
                        I'd love to get another Mega CD, and a 32X, what's the best set up to get? I've got a PAL megadrive, but the power lead connectors are worn so the power cuts out if I'm not careful, so another MD may be in order to go with them...
                        Multibios Mega CD
                        NTSC/PAL switched 32x

Sounds like your MD just has dry solder joint on the DC socket.. very easy to fix just heat up the two contacts inside with a soldering iron. Its a known problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X