recommend me good UNLICENSED Formula 1 racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommend me good UNLICENSED Formula 1 racers

I'm strictly and especially looking for unlicensed ones cause I'm a little put off by those old and outdated licences (driving with Eddie Irvine? .. naah..) and prefer "timeless" drivers/vehicles.
    I've seen so many licensed ones, yet so few unlicensed F1 games.

Any gaming device would be fine.
    I already have Virtua Racing (PS2 remake), F-1 Race (that old little 4-player thing for the GameBoy) and Stunt Race FX (doesn't really count, but one of the selectable cars is an F1 car).

I used to love F1 Circus on Megadrive, a really neat, speedy and fun top-down F1 racer. I've only ever seen it out on Jap but it might've got a US release (???)

Great game, anyway.

Comment

F1 on MD by Domark.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The Super Famicom has a few good top-down F1 games. I can't remember the names though.

Super Sprint is sort of F1. It's on one of the ' Midway Arcade Treasures ' packs.

Comment

I always liked Exhaust Heat on the SNES ^_^ Bit simplistic, but I found it satisfying with nice music.

Racing Simulation 2: Monaco GP isn't too bad either on the DC, ain't played any other versions.

My fave one that springs to mind though is Continental Circus on Taito Legends 1. Even now I absolutely love the game, used to cain it on the ZX Spectrum haha. Random weather/incidents during races etc and the cool little music bits all really made it very atmospheric for the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman View Post
            I always liked Exhaust Heat on the SNES ^_^ Bit simplistic, but I found it satisfying with nice music.
            I like the Exhaust Heat titles too. No1 is a bit basic, but no2 has a chip inside to boost the visuals. I remember the magazines going mad about no2 back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
              The Super Famicom has a few good top-down F1 games. I can't remember the names though.

Super Sprint is sort of F1. It's on one of the ' Midway Arcade Treasures ' packs.
              I think F1 Circus came out on the SNES but they used Mode 7 and ruined it, making the previously tight gameplay all fluffy.

Super Sprint is a supremely playable game and is *thoroughly* recommended!

Comment

Formula One Grand Prix on the Atari or ST is all you need really , F1 Circus onthe Mega CD is also very nice. Monaco Grand Prix is nice as is Super Monaco II onthe Mega Drive too. Oh and there's always the ace Grand Prix Legends for the PC

Comment

Geoff Crammonds on the PC is superb i prefer Grand Prix 2 and 3 to the 4th one though

Comment

Originally posted by clnmckec View Post
                    Geoff Crammonds on the PC is superb i prefer Grand Prix 2 and 3 to the 4th one though

Geoff is a GOD , Part II (the best F1 racer ever made) and III will never be beaten , I did like part IV but it seem to be dumb down a bit . But he was asking for a unlicensed F1 game .

Otherwise I would have put in F1 Beyond The Limit onthe Mega CD too . Which is a top F1 sim (best on a 16 bit console) and its 1993 mode was way ahead of its time , in how you could take part in moments from the 1993 season .

Comment

fair enough but why would you want an unlicensed one! :-) If you want a decent F1 game Geoff Crammonds are the only ones that were ever good.. think i might need to dig out GP2 again used to love that remember doing a season on 100% years ago was brilliant!............

Comment

I mentioned GP2 in another thread a couple of days ago, fantastic game. Back when I was about 16/17 years old, my older brother and I used to do system link seasons against each other, absolutely superb stuff. Nothing like nicking pole at the end by the slimmest of margins, or pulling off a great overtaking move When you did well in that game, it really felt deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman View Post
                          Soon as I saw this thread I was thinking of this game but couldn't remember the name for the life of me! I remember being dead chuffed with myself when I found out you could change the names of the other racers, and I put them all the name-a-like drivers to their correct names

I used to like it a lot too, till I lent it to a mate and he bloody well lost it...

Comment

Another vote for exhaust heat, great game, fondly remember finding the secret track, by driving straight through a certain corner barrier?

Comment

The first Geoff Crammond F1 game on the Amiga is unofficial, although it wasn't much of a stretch to work out who was who.

Comment

Working...
                              X