Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your prized possesion rarest item in your eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't knowingly have anything of value in my collection.

In fact, if anything, I can't get rid of this tat and recently binned some old carts like Stadium Events (NES), Tetris (MD) and Gamma Attack (2600).

Comment

I don't have owt amazingly amazing, I own a lot of great and rareish games but no holy grails (budget scavenger gamer) but I still have about 40 JP MD games left and my prized possession IS......

>70s GAMESHOW DRUM ROLL<

.....my Jap MD copy of The Super Shinobi, which is an iconic game for me, it's a really nice, complete 8.5./10 copy, the non-censored first print with Batman and Spidey and Godzilla, I nabbed this in about '93 for a fiver on a Wakefield outdoor market stall and it's mine for life, it's not even worth anywhere near what it means to me in cash.

Comment

It’s somehow pleasing to say nothing any more. Only retro stuff I have is hardware, made in the millions!

Comment

I have quite a lot of games, too many really, but nothing of real value. It tends to be stuff I've accumulated over the years rather than retro r@res I've specifically sought out to fill gaps in a collection.

I do like my NGPC set though. It's not complete or anything, and it's mostly Japanese stuff, but I've got most of the games I want. I bought the vast majority of the games on my first and so far only trip to Japan ten years ago. Lots of happy memories of seeking out the games in Denden Town, Akihabara and Nakano Broadway. I think the rarest one I own is Cotton, which is a pretty cool game, too.

Another thing that I like a lot is my NeoGeo Stick 3 for PS2, Ougi edition (the white and red version with fan design based on Mai). Got that on here for £45. To be honest I rarely use it but it's a lovely looking item.

I have lots of other non rare stuff I cherish all the same though, like both Shenmue games on DC.

Comment

Probably my MGS1 premium package. The one with the soundtrack and t shirt and stuff.

Probably not worth a lot, but I got it on day one from Electronics Boutique and it was the first time I’d seen such a big package for one game.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              it was the first time I’d seen such a big package.
              I can't not (mis)quote that!

Comment

I don't own any personal or valuable games anymore as I sold the lot ( best thing i ever done)

I do have these following items which I don't think I'll ever sell.

>Deathsmiles sketch by Junya Inoue (Joker Jun) , I got it professionally framed which was a small fortune on it's own. Still haven't hanged it up yet.

> Steve Oliff Akira Art , Steve was personally selected by AKIRA creator Katsuhiro Otomo to colour the seminal work. Steve and Otomo-san worked side-by-side at Steve's studio in Point Arena, CA to develop the color scheme that would be used throughout the series. The guides were printed at Otomo-san's studio in Japan on 10"X14" heavy-stock artist's paper and then sent to Steve, where he hand-painted them using some combination of airbrush, felt pens, gouache, cel animation paint, colored pencil, Pantone film and more!

> Hudson Soft Fan from Tokyo Game show from years back..Worth f**all to anyone but to me it's priceless, reminds me when gaming was exciting and fun.When 16bit came out it blew my mind. If your in your 40's you'll know what I mean! ( Hudson Soft on the label, quality on the table )

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I can't not (mis)quote that!
                  I’m sure there’s a Snake joke in there somewhere too.

Comment

Probably some non-production stuff I got when working for PlayStation. Not anything really special, just promo material. Bought most of it in the charity sales they had going once or twice a year. These got pretty meh as time went by.

Thinking of getting rid of anything old and expensive as well. Reasons: Space + having peace of mind of not owning it.

Comment

A website called Bordersdown.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything I'd really miss if it had to go.

Comment

I have a lot of 'rare' stuff I guess, mostly signed stuff:
                        The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Miyamoto
                        Metal Gear Solid 3 (UK PS2) - Kojima and Shinkawa
                        Metal Gear Solid 4 (HK PS3) - Hayter
                        Metal Gear Solid 3 (US PS2) - Hayter
                        Shenmue - Suzuki
                        Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - Tsuijimoto
                        Street Fighter V - Ono
                        Ultra Street Fighter IV - Ono

Sometimes it's not the rarest thing that you really love, it's just the thing that you wanted for a long time but always seemed out of reach and for me that is (was) Super Street Fighter 2X, the CPS2 board.

My family all gave me money for my birthday last year and I scraped enough together to import an original board with motherboard from Japan. It felt like those childhood Christmases. Amazing feeling.

Comment

Many years ago, a friend approached me saying "here, I heard you liked old stuff like this". He handed me what I later found out was a Timex Sinclair 1510 Command Cartridge Player and a cartridge for it, Chess. It's both the oldest and the rarest videogaming item that I own, though it's not something that I particularly cherish or have much use for.

Sentimentally, my most prized possessions would have to be vintage PC games from the days when those came in cardboard boxes and weren't just a vessel for a Steam key. To name a few:

Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail
                          Whenever I take the contents out of the box, putting them all back in is a game in itself! Four 3 1/2-inch and ten 5 1/4-inch disks, manual, map, hint book and accompanying 'adventure window' (the original 'spoiler alert').

King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella
                          Not the first, but one of the most memorable graphic adventures from my youth.

California Gold Rush!
                          Not really one of my favourites from the many games Sierra released over the years but this particular collector's edition, packaged in a wooden box, is quite cool.

Comment

I have very little to update since posting in this thread years ago. Nice to be reminded of when we all bought JSR pachislos though. That led me to buy a Star Wars pachinko machine and that's pretty cool now.

I have decent Saturn and Dreamcast games: Panzer Dragoon Saga and the Shenmues and so on. Still got those VGM soundtracks and many of those are rare, although I have no idea if they held their value now with digital distribution (never tried to sell them). Got lots of little cool things kicking about in boxes like the Pokemon Mini and stuff like that but there aren't many things I honestly treasure.

Actually, maybe the things that come closest because I have kept them in their boxes until I get somewhere to display them all these years later are a set of Kotobukiya Final Fantasy X figures. Those are pretty great.

Comment

... nothing? Yeah, I don't have anything anymore. Reached the point a few years back where it just became stuff on a shelf, half of which eventually lose value by one means or another.

Comment

I might be interested in some of those VGM discs or FFX figures

Comment

Working...
                                X