SFC/super famicom releases in japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFC/super famicom releases in japan

ive been looking for SFC versions of super empire strikes back/return of the jedi and zombies...though i can never seem to find these for sale on ebay or anywhere.

were these games ever released in japan?

Hmmm, seem to remember Zombies (ate my neighbour?) was not released in Japan. I have SFC Star Wars but the others I don't know.

This is quite a good list but it is not complete:

[edit]

Found the other Japan Star Wars games:

For Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi on the Super Nintendo, GameFAQs has 5 guides and walkthroughs, 68 cheat codes and secrets, 14 reviews, and 149 user screenshots.

For Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back on the Super Nintendo, GameFAQs has 3 guides and walkthroughs, 53 cheat codes and secrets, 14 reviews, and 128 user screenshots.
    Last edited by Max P.; 04-01-2007, 23:02.

Comment

Yeah, Zombies & Sunset Riders, both got US/PAL releases but no Japanese release, which kinda sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
        Yeah, Zombies & Sunset Riders, both got US/PAL releases but no Japanese release, which kinda sucks.
        Why the hell would Konami not release Sunset Riders in Japan?

That is very very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
          Why the hell would Konami not release Sunset Riders in Japan?

That is very very strange.
          No idea, but I spent years looking for a Jap copy and nowhere had one for sale or had any knowledge of a Japanese release. Plus I've not seen it on any Japanese release list.

I don't think Secret of Evermore got a Japanese release either.

Comment

All the Start Wars games did get a Japanese release but yeah, it is very odd about Sunset Riders. I wonder if the Mega Drive version got a release in Japan?

Yakumo

Comment

Does seem strange - Zombies is not so good but Sunset Riders was a brilliant conversion. I am a huge Konami fan, the range of quality games they produced for the SFC/SNEs was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
                Zombies is not so good
                Sacrilege!

I love Zombies (& Sunset Riders) - resorted to buying a US copy of Zombies & using an adapter on my SFC.

Super Punch Out never received a standard Jpn release either - it was a download cart thing I believe.
                Last edited by Geoff D; 05-01-2007, 08:03. Reason: sp3lling

Comment

*apologies for being a bit anal here

that list has Yoshi's Island down for both Japanese and US releases as Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island when it was only Yossi Island in Japan. It always bugged me that NOA felt it had to tie it in to SMW which, after all, was actually Super Mario Bros. 4 on the Japanese box. Does that make YI - SMB. 4.5 or 4 v.2.0?

sorry - geek mode off now

Comment

Konami only published Zombie's iirc it was developed in the west which may explain why it didnt get a jp release.

Comment

Sorry Geoff, it is good I guess, just a bit samey...

Super Punch Out as you say was only available on the Power Cart system - very odd. One of the most playable games on the SFC IMHO - typical Nintendo brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        All the Start Wars games did get a Japanese release but yeah, it is very odd about Sunset Riders. I wonder if the Mega Drive version got a release in Japan?

Yakumo
                        Nope! Neither did Zombies which is a shame. If ever a game had the potential for some stunning jp coverart it was Zombies.

Comment

It was a LucasArts game.

Comment

i lo.ved zombies - can't believe i wont be able buy a SFC copy!!

ive been after mint copies of all 3 star wars games, if anyone knows where i can get some give me a shout!

Comment

well i absolutely deffinetely remember seeing a jap sfc version of zombies on ebay last year.

it was one of the uber popular japanese sellers and it was amidst about 200 other jap snes games on their list.

Comment

Working...
                              X