shenmue 2 - is it worth bothering with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dj898 View Post
    for slowdown issue if you run it on OverClocked DC apart of screwed up voice - high pitched tone - it's quite nice...
    Doesnt pitch up on my overclocked DC (its at 240mhz)

Comment

Originally posted by Stoise View Post
      It looks like most people, except me and 112, really don't like the 4th disc of Shenmue II (in Guilin) personally, this was my favourite part - I thought it really captured the atmosphere of the journey at that point, and by making it so long - it meant (to me at least) your arrival at

Shenmue on top of that mountain

had that much more sense of scale. I thought it was a great ending to a great game
      The 4th disc is excellent. You just have to view it in the right context

as an unexpected comedown - it contrasts well against the hectic end to disc 3 through the Yellowhead and the general maze of Kowloon and Hong Kong.

Easy to criticise the gameplay (or lack thereof) but it's probably best viewed as a heavily extended three hour end sequence to the whole Shenmue saga up to that point. It's about character and getting to know Shenhua, with Ryo opening up his distant front a little - you could say disc 4 works a lot better on the DC than it does on the Xbox in relation to this though.

Comment

Working...
      X