Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking games??!

[Following the posts in the 'anytime you get anything retro' topic]

Have to admit this is a new one on me...been into video games since the late '70's but I have never come across any cooking games (except that bit in Parappa the Rapper...).

Can someone fill me in as to what is out there specifically on the SFC, Saturn or PC Engine. And what they involve/playable to a non-Japanese speaker etc.

Some info here.

Don't know of any on the Saturn or PC Engine. PS and PS2 have three or four each which are not too hard to come by. My favourite is probably Yoshinoya, although it's more a waiter simulation than cooking simulation.

Comment

Cheers Baggie.

Comment

Had a quick play on Yakitori Musume. Very early days but it isn't looking like one of the better cooking days. Starts off with a very long-winded anime / still-shots introduction. Your yakitori shop owning father dies of heart attack, and you - Sasami-chan - take over aided by your father reincarnated as a talking chicken. The first mission has you cooking yakitori and feeding it to the one oyaji customer. Cooking is a bit of an exageration - you just make sure the grill space is all full and send them into his mouth. He either praises you or retches. The round ended when I ran out of time. No turning them over and cleaning burnt ones off as you have to do in PS2 Yakiniku bonfire. Maybe that comes later.

After that there's a menu seeming allowing you to customise the interior a bit, but none of the options were selectable at this early stage. Also a picture book and notebook of the food contained in the game.

Not as good as most other cooking games, to be honest.

Comment

Cooking Mama on DS is good enough and available in English.

Only cooking game I've got - it's OK but like many I imagine thay are a series of mini games essentially.

Comment

Working...
          X