Saturn Bomberman SegaNet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn Bomberman SegaNet ?

I've just received a mint copy of a Saturn Bomberman game, which features SegaNet support. Or whatever it's called in Japan?

Here is the item code: T-14305G

What I want to know is it the same game as the normal 10-Player SS Bomberman?

I can't test it at the moment because I haven't got a Saturn.

Cheers!

Leon.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 25-01-2007, 09:53.

Apparently not, the SegaNet Edition has two modes, as the regular has 3 modes (no Normal Mode) and seems to support 2-4 players instead of the 10 in the regular version.

Regular Edition: http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn-...akore-JPN.html

SegaNet Edition: http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn-...gaNet-JPN.html

Comment

Thanks for the info Shinebi. I think the 4-Player may mean the maximum amount over the modem connection.

I'm still hoping it is the same game, with all the levels, characters, and 10-players. Sega Rally received an updated version with net support. I hope this Bomberman is the same sort of thing.

Any more details appreciated?

Thanks!

Comment

The SegaNet versions are only collector items these days as without the service, you cannot play the games except for Daytona CE.

Comment

Yep, that's right. SegaNet games won't run without the modem connection apart from Dayton Circut edition as Shou mentioned. TSUK or what ever it's called by Hudson may run but Virtua Fighter Remix, Virtual On and Sega Rally won't play. You can make custom pain jobs for your mech on Virtrual On though.

Yakumo

Comment

So... I won't be able to play it? No 10-player bomberman for me

I assumed it was the same as the standard game plus net support. At least it only cost me ?5.

Comment

Well, I would have thought it was the same. I heard somewhere that the Net version of Saturn bomberman was quite rare. I know that I haven't seen it in a while. Slightly off topic but why was the DC online bomberman game only released in the states? Very odd. Does anyone knwo the answer to this?

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Well, I would have thought it was the same. I heard somewhere that the Net version of Saturn bomberman was quite rare. I know that I haven't seen it in a while. Slightly off topic but why was the DC online bomberman game only released in the states? Very odd. Does anyone knwo the answer to this?
                Ah yes, I forgot about Shadows of the Tusk, excellent game with great ONLINE capability that no one played.

Bomberman as well as games like Alien Front weren't released in Japan just because of how poor DC was doing in general at the time and the games themselves. Bomberman just doesn't sell like it used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Yep, that's right. SegaNet games won't run without the modem connection apart from Dayton Circut edition as Shou mentioned. TSUK or what ever it's called by Hudson may run but Virtua Fighter Remix, Virtual On and Sega Rally won't play. You can make custom pain jobs for your mech on Virtrual On though.

Yakumo

Fortunately though if you you haev the North American versions of SEGA Rally, Virtual On and Bomberman ( as well as Daytona and Duke Nukem) and a Netlink modem these can still be played online (I imagine better as well seeing as the Netlink is a 28k modem compared to the 14k Japanese one?).

Shadows of the Tusk...online Saturn game? Wow, never heard of it....what online functionality exactly did it offer?

Also does anyone know when the Japanese SEGA Net service went down?

Comment

I tested the game. It only allows one little level, then it loops without a modem.

I've bought the standard SS version instead. Which is my favourite game for the system now.

Comment

Originally posted by id-republix View Post
                      Fortunately though if you you haev the North American versions of SEGA Rally, Virtual On and Bomberman ( as well as Daytona and Duke Nukem) and a Netlink modem these can still be played online (I imagine better as well seeing as the Netlink is a 28k modem compared to the 14k Japanese one?).

Shadows of the Tusk...online Saturn game? Wow, never heard of it....what online functionality exactly did it offer?

Also does anyone know when the Japanese SEGA Net service went down?
                      Vs play was available online. There also was an early MMO made for Sega Net.

Comment

The MMO that was unreleased and text-basedm is that what you mean?

Shadow of the Tusk had online vs play...I can't believe I never knew this or had head of the game. Be I smitten with shame.

Comment

Originally posted by id-republix View Post
                          The MMO that was unreleased and text-basedm is that what you mean?

Shadow of the Tusk had online vs play...I can't believe I never knew this or had head of the game. Be I smitten with shame.
                          No, it was like the early MMOs, such as Meridian, except that you had a party but I can't recall the name...Dragon something I want to say.

Comment

Working...
                          X