Buying a modded SNES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a modded SNES

Does anyone know a good place to buy a modded SNES, preferably one I can use without needing a step down converter. I need it to play US games.

Originally posted by toxicninja View Post
    Does anyone know a good place to buy a modded SNES, preferably one I can use without needing a step down converter. I need it to play US games.
    I've got modded UK SNES, 50/60hz, lockout enable/disable, widened cartridge slot (so you can play those American games without a converter as you'd like to).

PM me and we can work out a deal.. it is modded by myself it also has a nice superbright blue LED if you wish..

Comment

Or buy one from eBay and then get Console Passion to mod it?

Comment

I also do them, but don't have any complete spare systems at the moment.

Comment

chaoticjelly did mine

Works great.

Comment

Yeah, im going with Chaoticjelly seems like a friendly helpful and reliable guy.

Comment

why not just get a us snes. you don't need a stepdown for it, i just got my flatmate whos a sparky to cut the ends off the us plug and a uk mega drive power supply and frankenstein them together. ok admittedly it did blow out the fusebox in the flat first time i plugged it in, but second time worked ok! :P

Comment

Originally posted by deded View Post
                why not just get a us snes. you don't need a stepdown for it, i just got my flatmate whos a sparky to cut the ends off the us plug and a uk mega drive power supply and frankenstein them together. ok admittedly it did blow out the fusebox in the flat first time i plugged it in, but second time worked ok! :P
                More expensive and then you can't play PAL games either..

Toxicninjas SNES was posted off today anyways

Comment

Of course I'll joke here and say why on earth would you want to play PAL SNES games

Admitedly it is a royal pain trying to fit the power supply. When I bought my US SNES I got given a UK Megadrive supply with an adapter to fit it.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I got the SNES today and it works great! Plugs right into the wall and runs games at speeds im not used to

Chaoticjelly's one of the best sellers I've delt with over the net, he was freindly fast, and helpfull, did a great job with the SNES too! Don't think i'll bother with Nintendo's Virtual console anymore. *goes back to playing Castlevania IV*

Comment

Originally posted by toxicninja View Post
                      Don't think i'll bother with Nintendo's Virtual console anymore *goes back to playing Castlevania IV*
                      If you love a game, it has to be played on the original hardware. As much as emulation is convenient and saves space, the real machine is far better.

I never feel emulation is 100%, even on the Wii. I just don't think games can look and sound 100% perfect.

If I didn't love certain games so much, emulation would suit me fine.

Comment

What I don't understand about the Wii is that many of the games you can download you can actually get cheaper in original form anyway! (albeit cart only for some)

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                          What I don't understand about the Wii is that many of the games you can download you can actually get cheaper in original form anyway! (albeit cart only for some)
                          True, but wait for the likes of Chronotrigger, SoM, EVO etc....quite a saving then - wonder if Starwing 2 will get an outing?

Comment

I agree Leon, theres nothing like playing a game as it was originally especialy if you love that game. I can't put my finger on it but it's just not the same experience playing games on a PC or emulated through a console like the wii. LCD screens and TV's are one thing that annoys me too, though modern games look good on them they make my old games blury and hard to focus on.
                            It's a shame some old games like Chrono trigger are getting so expensive though. I have the PS1 version and while the added video is nice, it takes a rediculously long time to load. It'd be nice if we got the SNES version on the VC but I've heard Nintendo isn't letting us have any games from outside our region.

Comment

What!!?!?! (Shakes fist at nintendo) Well, luckily enough I own CT and also a few wild cards.....It's true about playing the games on the original hardware - comparing playing cps2 games vs. fba cps2 theres no comparison....

Comment

Working...
                              X