Panasonic Q to LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Q to LCD

Does anyone know if it is possible to hook up the Q to a PC LCD monitor?

If so what cable would I need, considering my monitor supports only DVI and the other socket, VGA looking one. (forgot the name of it)

thanks in advance

You can connect the Q to VGA with the custom cable. A D-Link or component cable converted to a VGA cable, but it will ONLY display NTSC games which support progressive scan, so NO PAL games support this, not even all NTSC games...

I'ts better to find a monitor that has a SCART socket...

Comment

It's a lot of jumping through hoops. As the above says, a VGA cable does exist, but it sends the signal as-is, and since almost all PC monitors only support a Progressive signal, it will only work with Progressive Scan games, and not even all NTSC games support it. Even for the games that do, you must blindly enable it.

Better off using a TV tbh.

Comment

Aa I see...

Plan was to hook up my now packed away Q to my PC monitor since the Wii has taken it's place by the TV.

Sounds like a fair amount of hassle for just playing GC games in another room!

Out of curiosity is that VGA cable thingy easy to get hold of?

Thanks for helping me out!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
          Out of curiosity is that VGA cable thingy easy to get hold of?
          Must be easier to get a 2nd hand cube than the custom made VGA cable.
          Add in a QOOB chip, a component lead and a VDIGI Z3 component to VGA transcoder and you have a perfect setup for 480p goodness via VGA.
          As you have Q I'm geussing NTSC software isn't an issue

Comment

Quick answer: NO.

It's a custom cable, very rare to find one online or in a specialized shop (I found one a couple of 100 meters away from my door! lucky me!). If you can find a D-Link cable or component cable and you're not afraid to solder, cut etc you can make it yourself from one of those.

Just google a bit for "Panasonic Q VGA", " Pansonic Q D-Link" or similar.

Another solution is investing in a small VGA box. Such boxes mostly have multiple cinch inputs + 1 VGA input from the PC and 1 VGA output to the monitor itself. Note that the picture quality will suffer a bit depending on the quality of the box itself. This is the easiest option.

Comment

Working...
            X