Fade to black PC/PS0ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fade to black PC/PS0ne

I've had a craving to find this game again, is it not worth bothering with? I only ever played the old PC demo but remember the controls were a little annoying.

I found it rather disappointing when I played it back on the PC, tricky controls, dodgy camera....

Comment

i remember being really disapointed in it at the time have not played it in years though

flashback i thought was just a far far better game

Comment

I third the 'meh' type comments. It's not aged well.

Comment

Not worth of your time. Just stick with Flashback.

Comment

I liked it at the time as none of my friends had heard of flashback and I ran about saying play it its flashback 2, or words to that effect

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
              I liked it at the time as none of my friends had heard of flashback and I ran about saying play it its flashback 2, or words to that effect
              Yeah, Flashback was never that popular. Too hard for its time.

Comment

I remember Fade To Black being very 'meh' at the time of its release. In retrospect, it feels almost unplayable, well on the PS1 version at least. Flashback has aged far better.

Comment

If you gave FtB a chance then it was actually quite good in parts - although it was very much of the time and probably hasn't aged well at all.

Flashback is definitely the superior game in terms of execution and visual appeal but once you got below the surface FtB was a nice addition to the Flashback universe.

A new cell shaded outing for Conrad Hart would be ace (although there's probably more chance of me winning the lottery than that ever happening).

Comment

I actually quite enjoyed Fade to Black. As someone mentioned already, once you get used to the dog awful controls there are a number of sections that are pretty good.

Of course, Flashback is still a better game (and even today still looks very nice)

Comment

Working...
                    X