Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you trying to collect at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you trying to collect at the moment?

No doubt a lot of the games people in this forum buy they just come across, but what are you actually looking out for? Be as specific or as ambitious as you like.

I'll start. I'm always looking out for Pop 'n Music games and Winning Eleven games, especially the early ones on PS which are often dirt cheap. Also, I'm half-heartedly trying to collect Mega Man games but have lost some interest in that because there are more than I thought there would be and also I can't get into the battle network series at all, so I will either have to make do with an incomplete collection or have a load of games tnat I don't want to play in it.

Over to you people

Id really like to start a Goemon collection, loved LotMN on the Snes when i was 12 or so, plus the N64 games were great, funds and 360/Wii are stopping me even starting at the mo, but when i get it together il see what i can sort

Apart from that id like to expand my game n watches more

Comment

Originally posted by Pookmunki View Post
      Id really like to start a Goemon collection, loved LotMN on the Snes when i was 12 or so, plus the N64 games were great, funds and 360/Wii are stopping me even starting at the mo, but when i get it together il see what i can sort

I used to collect the Game and Watches, but stopped after seeing the prices of some of them, especially the crystal screen ones.

Comment

I'd really like a decent Japanese Dreamcast collection (games not consoles), only have eight so far, so there's a long way to go...

Comment

Well for me i just have a few things im actively collecting.

Im still missing a few games from the goemon collection, mainly famicom ones. Looking for ones with mint boxes is particularly hard due to their age. Only 2 left to get (Ganbare goemon Karakuri douchu & Ganbare goemon gaiden 2) also still looking for a mint copy of Ganbare goemon 3 for the sfc, i have had 3 copys so far & still not a decent condition one.

The only other thing im looking for is Togepi no daibouken on the pokemon mini its the only game im missing to complete my collection but its soo hard to find

Oh ant cooking games as i come across them, you can never have too many cooking games.

Comment

Ah yeah, I went after the Pop 'n music stuff not long back. Got a controller and everything like, fairly decent-ish but I don't think you need more than a couple... just be wary.

Anway, increasing disillusioned (spellcheck... yeah) with modern stuff, I'm picking up stuff for the Supergun and a few arcade bits and bobs. End result being a cab of some sort. I only really pick up stuff I'm going to play mind, not really into collecting things.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar View Post
              Ah yeah, I went after the Pop 'n music stuff not long back. Got a controller and everything like, fairly decent-ish but I don't think you need more than a couple... just be wary.

Anway, increasing disillusioned (spellcheck... yeah) with modern stuff, I'm picking up stuff for the Supergun and a few arcade bits and bobs. End result being a cab of some sort. I only really pick up stuff I'm going to play mind, not really into collecting things.
              Be wary of what?

So far I have the standard size controller, Pop 'n music 1-6, Disney and Anime collections on PS1 and Pop 'n music 9 on PS2. Mandrake has a huge controller for sale for about 120 quid, which I'd love, but I've nowhere to keep it.

Comment

I found I didn't enjoy them the more I had and found there's no point in owning more than a couple, say with the music that interests you the most. The pretty easy overall and there's loads of 'em. But I see you don't really give a monkeys

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean.

Most of the music I have never heard of. In fact, the Disney one is probably my favourite, although I can only play it when I'm alone and the neighbours are out in case they realise I'm completely sad.

It's one of the few games the wife likes, but not enough to let me have the big controller, and some of her friends play it too. They know the music much better than I do.

Forgot to add, I also have an almost unplayable GBC Disney version.

Also, like Importaku I look out for cooking games, but that's more passive collecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pookmunki View Post

Nice! I just bought a bunch of Goemon games but rather then collecting them I just bought them to play out of nostalgia, It's a shame more weren't released in english really. Especialy the PS2 one. I'm playing the DS one at the moment and it's a lot of fun, great use of the touch screen, really nice okami style graphics and it's easy to play through without knowing Japanese. It's a bit easy though.

The one thing I do collect is RPG's, kind of a stupid thing to collect looking back as I now have a rediculous amount of games to beat and new ones that apeal to me are always comming out.

Comment

just started to collect jap dc shooters.Got four at the moment with another 2 ordered.Hoping to get a couple more depending on the paypal funds .

Got:-

ikaruga
                      under defeat
                      zero gunner 2
                      Psyvariar 2

Ordered:-

Trigger heart
                      Karasu

Comment

I collect Gameboys.

I used to collect everything, having over 36 consoles and a Jamma Cab, but have had to get rid of most of it for space.
                        So I switched to keeping the handhelds in my collection, but after a while decided to go for boxed Gameboys.

I have a boxed original Gameboy, Gameboy Light (jap), Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gameboy Micro (jap Famicom edition)

The only thing I need to do is get the GBA and GBA Micro in their original launch colours. Not that many, but at least this collection can have a limit, and no go stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
                          I collect Gameboys.

I used to collect everything, having over 36 consoles and a Jamma Cab, but have had to get rid of most of it for space.
                          So I switched to keeping the handhelds in my collection, but after a while decided to go for boxed Gameboys.

I have a boxed original Gameboy, Gameboy Light (jap), Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gameboy Micro (jap Famicom edition)

The only thing I need to do is get the GBA and GBA Micro in their original launch colours. Not that many, but at least this collection can have a limit, and no go stupid!
                          Not bothered about the Gameboy Play It Loud?

Comment

money :/

well, joking aside - i'm at the point where i really have to throw out a load of stuff (or sell it)

However, i'm back in the PCB buying habit - which is something it took me a while to get out of.

Picked up about 8 boards in the last few weeks, with a list of about 20 that i'm toying with picking up.

Comment

I have several collections on the go, probably too many,not really sure what the point is at the momment? Im like that though, one day im dead keen, the next i want to get rid of it all. Im collecting jap gba games mostly and im trying to start a jap megadrive and sfc collection but extreme fussyiness about condition and a lack of funds means im not getting very far, not to mention that when i actually play them its all a bit meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X