Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pc Engine RGB Scart Conversion....

Hi there,

I am looking to get my original white PC Engine converted to output RGB through scart.

I sent chaoticjelly a PM but unfortunately he didn't come back to me , can anyone else on here do it or point me towards some who can?

Thanks....

It is very simple to do but if you need to amplify the signal you will need more help from Mr Jelly or similar:

Comment

Hmm.. thanks for the reply, it all looks a bit beyond me

Mr. Jelly if you are there can you help???

Comment

hi gcjae,

Good to see you on these boards.

Originally posted by gcjae View Post

Mr. Jelly if you are there can you help???
        For some reason I'm reminded of this,...

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire: THE A-TEAM
        Just substitute THE A-TEAM with chaoticjelly.

Comment

I'd be interested in this too. Who is the resident expert round here for this kind of work?

Comment

Erm, chaoticjelly.

Comment

I PM'ed Mr Jelly, too, but he never got back to me. I was thinking maybe my offer was too low (and was embarrassed to re-PM him) because I didn't know what the "going rate" for an RGB PC Engine mod was (anyone know, perchance??!!)

Comment

he is currently modding mine for me, - not sure if hes too well at the mo though as i'm awaiting a reply too

Comment

The mod is about £60 no? I think that icludes colour boost too
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Raven are currently offering to mod PCE/CG1 and CG2 consoles for £34.99, plus six quid postage. Add you the postage cost of sending the machine in the first place and you're looking at around £45.

I've had a Megadrive RGB cable off Jelly recently, and his work is top notch.

Comment

There used to be a couple of sellers on ebay that offered the modding service when you won one of their console auctions. Two types of mods offered..one with a fixed lead, one with a detachable lead. Iirc it £15 and £25 respectively.

Edit..or it might have been 10 and 20..it was very cheap put it that way and I believe it is a very simple mod! (Aren't they all if you know what you're doing!) Anyone wanna rbg mod my spare navi for me lol!

Comment

if chaoticjelly is reading this can he drop me a pm.

cheers

Comment

As in my link at the beginning if you do it without a booster then it takes about 1/2 hour for a novice and is simply a matter of opening the case and soldering a few wires to easy solder points and the other end to a scart plug. Simple. If you need a booster then it's a bit more complicated but a boffin did one for me for £10 and I linked it up.

Comment

Working...
                          X