Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A quick question for those members living in Japan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick question for those members living in Japan.

I'm in need of replacing my Super Famicom and want to know what the average price of a used SFC goes for over there. Barring any set backs, I'll be in Japan to study by mid-September so I can pick one up while there. Any help is appreciated.

My own fault though - started with me opening the thing up to see if I could fix the buzzing sound problem and I went and buggered up the cart connector. (Sadly the damn thing isn't replacable like other SNES/SFC.)

I'm not in Japan but I have followed the prices of SFC's over there for some time. You can buy a 'junk' loose one for next to nothing or even 20 bare consoles together on Yahoo.JP for around £30. Figure £15 - £30 depending on condition for a nice complete boxed example.

Comment

If you want a mint looking boxed unit expect to pay 5000 yen or more. Mint unboxed system for about 3000 yen and yellow ****ty SFC for about 1500 upwards. SFC and Famicoms are NOT as cheap as you may think.

Yakumo

Comment

In Akihabara today I found a shop with BRAND SPANKING new un-faded:

SFC`s-Y8,000 (40 quid).
        SFC Jr.`s Y10,000 (50 quid).

I`ve seen floods of NIB Jap MD`s quite alot but this was a nice sight to see.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I wasn't expecting them to be cheap. Not the first time I've bought a Super Fami (though it's been a bit and I figured I'd ask around). I actually managed to find a pretty decent deal so I went ahead and bought it from a fellow in Osaka. $50 total, including shipping. Just the system and AC, but I've got controllers and such so no problem there. Nice shape too - unfaded (just like my old one, I've been lucky so far) and it's been cleaned up and fixed up. So hopefully no buzzing. Heh.

Anyway, thanks again for the help. I figured you'd be a help.

Comment

Working...
          X