MegaDrive SEGA Logo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MegaDrive SEGA Logo's

I came across this site which shows a variety of MegaDrive SEGA Logo's used in different games.

It's quite interesting. I wish more were shown.

Heh, I thought I saw a swirling Saturn logo in the Dino Dini's Soccer one...

Comment

That's a nice site. saw it a while back but they are missing quite a few. I'll find out what games they are on then let the site owner know so he can update the page.

By the way, the Crying Logo (Japanese Biohazard Battle) doesn't use the TM letters.

Yakumo

Comment

Nice site but somehow they've left out the most famous one

SEEEEEEEEEEEGA

(flash of hedgehog)

Comment

Awesome find. Is there actually animated Gifs with actual gameplay in it? as i have no idea to do it myself. as im making a video.

Comment

I just remembered, there's another site out there with well more Sega logos featured but not only for the MD. They also cover Mega CD, Master System and Game Gear. I'll see if I can find the URL again or maybe a quick google search will find it.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              I just remembered, there's another site out there with well more Sega logos featured but not only for the MD. They also cover Mega CD, Master System and Game Gear. I'll see if I can find the URL again or maybe a quick google search will find it.

Yakumo
              I hope you find it. ... Things like this really show an appreciation for retro beyond just the game experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

Yakumo
                The site linked does that:

Comment

ah, so it was the same site, DOH ! That will teach me to look a bit more.

Yakumo

Comment

A friend of mine, in the UK, told me about this thread and being a huge fan of the site I thought I'd add a few comments.

"I wish more were shown.
                    saw it a while back but they are missing quite a few."

He personally went through all 11000+ Genesis/Mega Drive roms and gif'ed all of the ones that had something special going on. If you find any that he's missed, I'd love to hear the title and I'm sure he would too. He's wants it to be a complete as possible.

As someone else has already posted, here's a link to the entire collection(Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Game Gear and SMS):

"Nice site but somehow they've left out the most famous one

SEEEEEEEEEEEGA

(flash of hedgehog)"

"Awesome find. Is there actually animated Gifs with actual gameplay in it? as i have no idea to do it myself. as im making a video."

Looks through this page and click on anything that says "Generation 2" under it. All of those have animated gifs showing off gameplay. I really liked the MoonWalker one.

DM

Comment

If he could add Saturn and Dreamcast as well that would be good. Theres a few cool audio related ones for the DC, most notably the "Saaayga, a hah" for Samba De Amigo when the Sega logo is shown.

Comment

I can't remember where I read it but I think it was on Google Groups, anyway someone asked him that and he said that he's not going to attempt the Saturn or DC stuff because there's just no way he can get a hold of every game or even ISO.

DM
                        Last edited by Digital Man; 03-03-2007, 01:29.

Comment

Ah, now that's where I could help. I own almost 800 JPN Saturn titles and 400 odd JPN Dreamcast titles. At he moment there'S no way I can find the time but in he future I'd be happy to help out.

Yakumo

Comment

I always thought the SEGA logo on games like Super Hang On were the best (where the logo is drawn in)

Comment

Working...
                            X