Do you have any Lynx games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any Lynx games?

In a year of posting and reading here I have seen precisely 0 posts about the Lynx apart from the couple I wrote myself.

Does anyone have a Lynx or any games?

Post what you've got, even if they're just gathering dust.

I have a Lynx 1 (would love a 2) and the following games.

Ninja Gaiden 3
    Chequered Flag
    Warbirds
    Zarlor Mercenary
    Blue Lightning
    Awesome Golf
    Gates of Zendocon
    Xybots
    Robotron
    Shanghai
    Chip's Challenge
    Stun Runner

Am I alone?

I've got 2 lynx model 2s though one of em has a knackered PSU input and the battery life outta 6 AAs is hardly stellar.

Also got quite a few games, but I can't remember what most of em are. Got quite alot of them brand new a couple of years ago off ebay and the likes.

Definately got:

Blue Lightning
    Xybots
    Chip's Challenge
    Pac Land (this game is mint!)

Will have to fish it all outta the cupboard and see what I actually have for it, I bet it was a lovely console in it's prime.

Comment

I saw a Pac Land recently but figured the PC Engine version was quite enough.

Blue Lightning looked great in its day - shame the gameplay was so average.

Comment

Got a Lynx 1 one Christmas. My Mom and I spent the entire school holiday playing Todd's Adventures in Slime World. Excellent game. I remember that time well. I swapped the Lynx and 7 games for SFC Smash TV back in the day though, kinda wish I never now. I had 7 other mates who had one too, we used to play link up on California Games all the time. I was unbeatable at surfing, and I once glitched the BMX so that I jumped the entire course in a single bound.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Got lots of Lynx stuff. Maybe 50 or so regular games, and then 25 or so of the released protos/homebrew/demo games.

Zarlor and Ninja Gaiden are my fav 2 without doubt. DD isn't too bad either. And Cali Games of course. And Zendecon. Actually I like quite a lot of Lynx stuff, perhaps my fav dedicated retro handheld (ie not the GT or LT which are miles better of course)

Comment

Yeah, I love the lynx, pity it was huge.

Chips Challenge, California Games and Ninja Gaiden were never far from my machine.

Warbirds was quality too, you could link that one up to other lynx's for top dogfighting action.

Like Wheelaa i've got pretty much all the released games and most of the Prototypes like Aliens Vs Predator and the like.

Comment

Shadow of the beast boxed mint
              Batman Returns unboxed
              not a lot I know but those and the lynx only cost £1

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Got a Lynx 1 one Christmas. My Mom and I spent the entire school holiday playing Todd's Adventures in Slime World. Excellent game. I remember that time well. I swapped the Lynx and 7 games for SFC Smash TV back in the day though, kinda wish I never now. I had 7 other mates who had one too, we used to play link up on California Games all the time. I was unbeatable at surfing, and I once glitched the BMX so that I jumped the entire course in a single bound.
                The surfing game on California games Lynx version ranks as one of the best games of all time.

Comment

Yup, got a Lynx 1 & 2 with the following games....

A.P.B.
                  Batman Returns
                  BattleWheels
                  Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
                  Block Out
                  Blue Lightning
                  California Games
                  Checkered Flag
                  Desert Strike
                  Dracula the Undead
                  Gates of Zendocon
                  Gauntlet: The Third Encounter
                  Hard Drivin'
                  Klax
                  Paperboy
                  Qix
                  Rampage
                  RoadBlasters (Brilliant)
                  Shadow of the Beast
                  Shanghai
                  Steel Talons
                  S.T.U.N. Runner
                  Toki
                  Turbo Sub
                  Warbirds
                  Zarlor Mercenary

Used to love this machine but it hasn't seen the light of day for many years now.

Rich

Comment

Some good collections.

Wheelaa, is DD Double Dragon?

Comment

Yes, sorry. Bit sluggish on the controls, and pretty tough iirc. Good graphics though and fun to play.

Comment

Never knew it existed.

Is it close to the arcade original or just based it, like the Gameboy version was? The only decent portable version I've found is on the GBA.

Comment

Working...
                        X