Emulations on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emulations on PC

How is PC emulations stuff getting on ? Should I leave Chipped XBOX for PC ?

What is good and bad ?

Just interested in arcade / 16 bits stuff.

For CPS 1, CPS 2 and NEO GEO stuff I'd recommend Kawaks.

For SNES stuff, I'd recommended ZSNES.

Comment

For the most part the xbox is fine, only really better of with the PC for more modern MAME stuff.

Plus the xbox IMHO just feels better for emulation

Comment

Originally posted by bootmonster View Post

Plus the xbox IMHO just feels better for emulation
        Too bad that the standard XBox Gamepad is a nightmare for 16bit and arcade games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryo Saeba View Post
          Too bad that the standard XBox Gamepad is a nightmare for 16bit and arcade games.
          Not really...

Both are brillant, I dont condone modern piracy but fan made emulation for older systems is so important.

On my laptop I have Gens, SNES 9X and Meka.

Gens is brillant and supports Mega Drive, 32X and limited Mega CD support.
          SNES 9X is a perfect SNES emulator.
          Meka is a brillant, well made Master System emulator.

Download them all, with the nesscary files, and have some bloody good fun!

MEKA Emulator Homepage. MEKA is a multi console emulator by Omar Cornut and contributors. Available for MS-DOS, MS-Windows and maybe GNU/Linux, it emulates Sega Master System, Game Gear, SG-1000, SC-3000, SF-7000, ColecoVision and NES.

Comment

I'd argue that Kega Fusion is the superior MD emulator. Better sound emulation and none of the occasional control quirks you get with Gens (unresponsive diagonals mainly).

Comment

Comment

Nice progression on Model 2 there, I wonder at what FPS though.

Comment

Project64 is really good for N64 stuff. Needs a slightly higher specced pc (nothing cutting edge though) than most other emus but plays pretty much anything you throw at it.

For Snes stuff ZSNES is great & for MD my emu's of choice are Kega Fusion & Gens32....at a push I'd say Kega is better. All 3 run very well on a low specced pc with just onboard graphics.

Control wise a PS2 dual shock with a USB adapter works well.
                  Last edited by tom-nook; 14-03-2007, 16:54.

Comment

Thinking of having a bash with emulation on the pc for the first time.

Any problems with running on a vista machine?

Comment

ZSNES plays any and every SNES game (almost) perfectly. I say almost because it is emulation. But I was never dissappointed with ZSNES. That's what got me into emulation in the first place!

Comment

Can anyone reccommend me a good N64 emulator? And a source for all the plug-ins i'll need would also be lovely.

Never really got into N64 emu, and I don't know if the info on Zophar is outdated so I thought i'd ask here first.

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                          Can anyone reccommend me a good N64 emulator? And a source for all the plug-ins i'll need would also be lovely.

Never really got into N64 emu, and I don't know if the info on Zophar is outdated so I thought i'd ask here first.
                          Project64 is by far & away the best one I've tried. Very reliable & has run everything I've thrown at it.

You can download the latest release (v1.6) from the PJ64 website (no pop-up's, spyware etc.):

Download the latest version of Project64. Project64 is a software package designed to emulate a Nintendo64 video game system on a Microsoft Windows based PC. This means that it creates an environment on your PC under which real N64 software...

All the plug-ins etc. you'll need can be found there too although it supports others too if you want to change 'em.

Enjoy!
                          Last edited by tom-nook; 19-03-2007, 11:05.

Comment

was never that keen on n64 emulators they seemed very slow with some games

also without the n64 controller some games are impossible to play

Comment

N64 emulation has improved pretty dramatically over the last couple of years. I've not experienced any speed problems at all (except with games where the original had a choppy framerate) with the latest PJ64 and it's amazing how much better they look through vga.

I really like the PS2 pad for N64 games & not had any control issues that a little tweaking of the analogue sensitivity hasn't fixed. However, there're USB adapters available that'll let you use an N64 controller on a pc if you want things 'just right'.

Comment

Working...
                              X