Dreamcast +lightgun +VGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast +lightgun +VGA

I currently only have access to a projector for my consoles.
    With the DC this looks great but I tried HOTD2 with a Madcatz lightgun I have but was unable to calibrate it (bottom/right target is first). Same in confidential mission (top/left was first and this was OK, bottom/right not).
    Anyone know if lightguns +VGA/projectors work. If so is it because it's a Madcatz one and not the official dream blaster?

Should add I also tried the Svid connection and it was the same so don't think it's VGA related.

my light gun wont work on my plasma , which is a real shame as it looks awesome through VGA

Comment

Lightguns will only work on CRT based TV's or monitors. And even then it's unlikely to work on a 100Hz TV especially if the TV does any deinterlacing or other such image enhancing tricks.

Comment

To play DC shooters, you'll need a 50Hz CRT TV. The guns rely on the cathode ray to know where you are pointing it. Sorry.

Comment

Get a PS2, lots of cheap gun games and one of these

Comment

theres no decent gun games on PS2 though House of the Dead 2 and Confidential Mission are still the only light gun games I still get a kick out of after regular play.

17" CRT for light gun goodness now for me.

Comment

[QUOTE=Smegaman;1048388]theres no decent gun games on PS2 though ]

really?

Vampire Night
              Ninja assault
              Time crisis 2&3
              Crisis Zone
              Endgame

Comment

I don't really like HOTD (although I do like typing of the dead). It just seems like a reaction test rather than an accurate aiming test. Much prefer Time Crisis 2&3. Not too keen on crisis zone though with it's infinite ammo thing. Vampire Night and Ninja Assault are probably the ultimate aiming tests though. Really hard.

Comment

Working...
                X