"Arcade Perfect"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smegaman View Post
    I love it for it, infact main appeal of the Dreamcast was the arcade perfect home ports.
    Spot on. I went from ports, good nonetheless, of Ridge Racer & Tekken 2 on the PSone to Crazy Taxi in my living room. Kid in a candy store x1000.

I've got Daytonna USA 2001 loaded now and the look and colour of the game is breathtaking. I love the PSone & DC era.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n View Post
      The ghouls and ghosts arcade standard! I don't think any port has ever correctly done that, not even the ps1/sat ones.
      Forgive me if I'm wrong, for it has been a while since I've seen it, but the SGX version of G'n'G seemed arcade-perfect to me. Can't quite remember if it had the feet behind grass but I do recall that it shat on the MD version from a very high height.

For me, although the Megadrive arcade conversions looked close, and the SNES was just two elephants and a "perfect" sample away from SF2 arcade-perfection, it was Final Fight on the Mega-CD that really was arcade-perfect.
      Last edited by samanosuke; 27-03-2007, 08:36.

Comment

SGX isn't, not by a long shot. Its actually quite ropey compared to the arcade. (Still good though) At some points the md version is much better and closer to the original.

X86k is the best conversion.

Comment

Well I just remember the movey-windy bit in the SGX version as being awesome.

And as for the link you gave... that just backs up my argument further... that the SGX version did shat on the MD version!

Comment

Hence why I said
            Originally posted by wheelaa
            At some points the md version is much better and closer to the original.
            ie not all. Need bins mate ?

Comment

In that case, can we say that the SGX version looks better and closer to the coin-op at most points then?

Comment

Sure (I'm only teasing lol). I mean the md version is quality, as is the SGX version, more so definitely..just that neither are that close to the arcade unfortunately. XBLA version would be sweet!

Comment

Sorry mate - I'm not a regular here so I had no idea you were such a wind-up merchant! And there was me thinking you were just being an awkward sod.

Dunno about an XBLA version though - there's always MAME for arcade perfection, and it's free too.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                    SGX isn't, not by a long shot. Its actually quite ropey compared to the arcade. (Still good though) At some points the md version is much better and closer to the original.

X86k is the best conversion.

Didn't realise the MD and SGX versions looked that bad against the arcade version. At that time everyone was saying the MD version was arcade perfect, then afterwards people said the SGX was better, so how can a arcade perfect conversion be bettered unless things were added? Think in them days arcade perfect was used way too much!

Comment

I think its just me , but I still say the Mega Drive version is the best , and I have the Arcade games on Mame and Saturn as well as the Snes version . To me the MD version run as fast as the Arcade game, it was smooth as butter (unlike the Snes game) and the music was even better than the Arcade or the Snes version.
                      The 1st track music brilliant on the MD more so at the point when the storm starts to blow the tree’s in the background, and the last tune in the options is one of the greatest tunes I’ve heard from the MD chip, add in the fantastic Mega Drive pad (more so the 6 button) and the MD remains to me the greatest version of the classic

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke;1059750, it was Final Fight on the Mega-CD that [i
                        really[/i] was arcade-perfect.
                        Oh it was a fanastic port , apart from the colour its was better than the Arcade in my book, the music score was out of this world . It made me mad that SEGA never went back to the likes of Strider onthe Mega Cd, it could have been a even better port than the MD version with all the speech ect

Comment

One of the main reasons the SGX version of Ghouls 'n' Ghosts is better than the MD one is because it uses a 1 meg card. The MD version is only 512K.

Surely earlier acrcade perfect ports were on the NES. Like Donky Kong and Mario Bros.

Comment

Of all the misuses of console gaming's favourite claim, most memorable was the term 'pixel perfect conversion' on the back of the Pal Saturn Daytona box

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Of all the misuses of console gaming's favourite claim, most memorable was the term 'pixel perfect conversion' on the back of the Pal Saturn Daytona box
                              well i am sure one of the pixels was a perfect conversion

Comment

Donkey Kong on the NES comes to mind. If you're looking for later games then how about Virtua Cop? That was pretty amazing on the Saturn at the time, as I remember. A great conversion there!

Comment

Working...
                                X