Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to play Double Dragon - best option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to play Double Dragon - best option?

I want to get Double Dragon, as close as possible to the arcade original, but not emulated. Which game / console is the best option?

Double Dragon Advance for the GBA.

Fantastic reworking of the original with improved playability and excellent Manga artwork. Actually betters the original, imho.

Highly recommended, without question.

Comment

Master System?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

People rag on the MD version but imo its pretty close to the arcade version, flicker and all.

Comment

Maybe not too cheap, unless you have a supergun? but i'm sure the pcb only sells for around 50 pounds, unless that's changed?

Comment

This website should help you make up your mind, Baggie.

Comment

I've got the GBA one, which I like, but I wish I had an exact copy of the original.

Picking up the Master System one soon. Is the Megadrive one very rare? There's one on ebay with a buy it now of 200 dollars, with instructions not included!

Sadly, I don't have a supergun.

Wheelaa, since you're reading this, how is the Lynx one?

ETA Fantastic link, thanks nu-eclipse.

Comment

I'd say the link above is pretty accurate re the Lynx version..but its been ages since I last played it. I think its a bit harsh on the MD version though.

Also the md version is not rare at all. There are a couple on ebay uk as i type both at 99p.

I think I have a spare cart only copy and as I'm currently sorting through my whole stash if I find it any time soon you can have it for the price of postage.

Comment

Thanks, that would be great.

Comment

Isn't it coming to XBLive?

Comment

Double Dragon on the MD is so poor it's comedy gold! The music, the way the enemies follow you around MOVE-FOR-MOVE.. it has to be seen to be believed. Just witness climbing on the fence at the start of Level 2 and move up and down it to see what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear View Post
                        Isn't it coming to XBLive?
                        Yeah, it was meant to be at some point this month.

Comment

Working...
                        X