Dreamcast Karaoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast Karaoke

A shop near me has a dreamcast kareoke add on for sale. Does this have any playability value at all or is it a novalty that will never be used.

Novelty - the songs were all stored online i think, so no use now. Least mine seems to be useless...

Comment

Looks sweet under the DC though. Get it.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, it does look sweat. I bought one a couple of months ago (had to drive to the Netherlands for a BBA when I noticed another guy selling his DriKara for ? 45,00 I think. He explained that the service was shut down last April or so.

But, I tried the boot disc that came with it, and there's an option to fiddle with some sound settings, like echo, reverb, style etc.
        So you can test the mic off-line, but you cannot play any karaoke CDs as mentioned above.

So, I thought, if those homebrew guys that come up with bootdisc for VCD, MP3 and DivX could just make a karaoke bootdisc, all would be well.

It would have to go as follows:

1. Rip the original DriKara disc
        2. select the code which enables the activation of the mics off-line
        3. inject this code in a new bootdisc for Karaoke

Actually, what I thought was that it should be possible to boot a karaoke CD with any of the V-CD bootdiscs. (as far as I know, official V-CDs have a folder named Karaoke among other). This would be a step in the right direction. As I don't own any karaoke CDs, I cannot verify this.

I asked around on DCevo and DCemu, but no apparently, no coder offered help...

Actually, there's nothing wrong with the method described above, as you rip a cd that you own already and alter it (OK I know, but still, the service IS down). I would even BUY karaoke CDs for this if it works

Comment

Aye it's a shame it's useless now, would be ace if store bought Karaoke discs worked, would be great for pissed up partys!

Comment

I was one of the few non-Japanese who used it on a regular basis. The service with a BB was fantastic. Videos with the songs plus great buffering. You could download up to 5 songs at once while you were singing to another. This meant that you didn't have to wait to download stuff after the first initial download since all the others would download while you were singing. With out the BB though it was a bit crap since you could only have still for the back ground. There was even a few mini games that ranked your singing ability plus a very nice feature that could change a man's voice to a woman's and vice versa. Plus the duet mode where you sing and the DC would do the other voice as a man or woman based up on your voice.

Yakumo

Comment

Hehe i still have the video of you singing dreams dreams LOL

Well i think i still have it "rushes off to check HD"

Comment

If you do can you send it over :P I no longer have it.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                X