Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you that want Virtua Racing on your PC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you that want Virtua Racing on your PC...

MAME 0.114 has just been released, which completes Virtua Racing's model 1 emulation.

As far as i'm aware, it's perfect emulation too, but i'm about to try it out for myself.

cool i REALLY hope they can do cps3 emulation though.....i really want to play warzard/red earth

steve

Comment

Whats the point in the Mame artwork 1.78gig file ?
      Is it needed or do i just need the program itself at 7.34mb ?

Comment

You don't need the artwork file.

Comment

Awesome just putting the roms into place now vr in t-minus 2 seconds

Comment

Wow, looks like I'm gonna have a nice easter playing this

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              cool i REALLY hope they can do cps3 emulation though.....i really want to play warzard/red earth

steve
              Incredibly harsh protection apparently.

CPS2 was bad enough. CPS3 is worse.

Not sure what the chances of it working any time soon are.

Comment

VR not working for me
                Last edited by dvdmike; 05-04-2007, 12:11.

Comment

Romset's been updated.

I've got it up and running here - Video emulation isn't 100% accurate, but damn it plays well!

Comment

Cheers for the heads up

Comment

I've been playing around with it some more.

Controls are INCREDIBLY twitchy, unless you play with digital controls and bump the digital speed up a bit.

Playing with an analog controller, for me, is very, VERY difficult as it's too twitchy. but it might've just been my controller and variant of MAME. About to try it with another one.

Comment

Hi Silvergun X,

I haven't found the updated VR rom set so I did not get to try the .114 version, but for the previous Mame32 VR (still not working completely), I use a Logitech steering wheel/pedals and it works well. In the VR properties (within the GUI), I use a .5 deadzone. In the game's analog settings, I turned the digital speed to 0, the autocenter to 8 and the sensitivity to 5. Plus Logitech's software allows you to add a centering force for the wheel in non-forcefeedback games. In addition (kinda on the subject), I found a program that provides force feedback to ffb devices for non-ffb games. It uses sounds to deliver the ffb. I'm still testing it b4 I decide to buy it.

On the .114 VR, how's the sound? Do you get sound doubling, static or speedups?

Comment

The sound seems perfect to me.

Comment

Tried to get this working last night : ( Could some kind person point me in the right direction, apparently I haven't got a complete ROM set. There's a TGP.bin file I need and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

EDIT

Never mind, perservered and found the ROMSET in the end. Works surprising well on pisspoor hardware.
                            Last edited by mash; 19-04-2007, 08:35.

Comment

Working...
                            X