Need help figuring out the price of a boxed master system 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help figuring out the price of a boxed master system 1

Hoping you lads and ladettes could help me out here.......

Someone I know has a boxed Sega Master System 1 along with the lightgun in good nick (missing instructions and baggies). This alone isn't worth a fortune I know, but it comes with 47 games.

Unfortunately I don't know what the games are, but im fishing for ideas as to what the lot could be worth, and what I should expect to pay him for it.

Also he's got a Sega Gamegear, unboxed with original tv tuner and 4 games. I've already checked on fleabay but can't find exact comparisons, and the prices tend to verge on the ridiculous! Any ideas on prices?

erm well depends on some of the games, and what condition each are in (boxed complete, mint, cart only) etc.

Comment

I would say a boxed Master System 1 (dependant upon condition of course) is worth about ?25-?30.

As a general rule, most common games are worth around ?1-?2 each, instructions are quite important. Obviously rarer games are worth quite a bit more, and popular games like most of the Wonderboy series etc.

Not sure about the Game Gear, does it actually work? A lot are having problems now either completely dead, faulty/intermittent power socket (very easy to fix), lines on screen (due to connections from LCD to mainboard coming away.. pretty much impossible to fix) or the problem with tinny sound (pretty easy to fix). So check its actually working first if you can.. a faulty game gear with an unfixable problem is obviously worth approximately zilch, with a small problem, if you know a bit of basic electronics / have a little skill, well worth fixing up, and saving some cash (point out the flaw/fault to reduce the price)

The game gear games are worth maybe ?1-?2 each depending on game..

TV Tuners are nice, and used to go for quite a lot, but these will be pretty much defunct in all of the UK in a couple of years when the analogue to digital changeover happens..! Plus the picture quality isnt anything to write home about either.

Comment

I dont wish to be a grumpy sod, but there is a valuation thread for this type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
          I dont wish to be a grumpy sod, but there is a valuation thread for this type of thing.
          Say wha Mr. Grumpy?

I've posted in the valuations thread before, and nobody really replies much..

Comment

Yup Cant argue there. *grumble,grumble*

Comment

Valuations thread? Didn't know there was one as it's certainly not clearly marked Thanks for the info Chaoticjelly, will take that lot on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairydavey View Post
                Valuations thread? Didn't know there was one as it's certainly not clearly marked Thanks for the info Chaoticjelly, will take that lot on board.

Comment

Working...
                X