Exhumed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
    It's also one of the few first-person platformers that actually works well thanks to a decent camera and responsive controls.
    Exaclty !, Just like with Mario IV when you died in Exhumed you knew full well it was your fault , not some iffy control or Collection detection issues .
    Its' a bit hard to go back to it now as I'm always looking for the 2nd stick to look up or down , but the game is still ace fun .

I don't any game as come close to this or Mario in terms of Level desgin

Comment

Stunning game. Metroid Prime reminded me very much of this in terms of structure and sheer quality. Probably my favourite ever Saturn game.

Comment

Yeah, the Saturn version of this game is brilliant, and still holds up surprisingly well today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Anger
          Thank you Mr Dogg!

I admit I did not complete the game, I got about three and a half hours into it but at that point I was not really enjoying it so switched off.

Due to it's age I guess it's harder to me appreciate some of its points, my bad I know!

Comment

Wools, you know I hate because I love

Comment

I still have my PAL Saturn Exhumed. It was one of my earliest Saturn purchases way back in the summer of '96. The cardboard outer has gone a bit bubbly (damp flat after damp flat in Brighton) but otherwise it's still in decent nick.

I read all the little comments in Leadbetter era SSM and Paul Davies' CVG stressing what an awesome game it was and how it had been under-rated.
              At that stage I was already a PSone owner and had mainly bought a Saturn to enjoy the Sega first party stuff (this was of course post Virtua Fighter 2, Sega Rally and Virtua Cop, but pre RAM enhanced Capcom conversions, Radiant Silvergun etc.).

I picked up Exhumed a few weeks after release for just under £30 second hand and was gripped from the off. I completed the main game with all the radio parts, but I never did get all the team dolls (to my shame).
              I would echo all the positive comments above regarding level and sound design. Of course it does look dated now, but it handles so well in terms of engine and control that, unlike many 3D games of the time, it still feels good to play.

I was a massive Doom fan at the time but this, being 'actual' 3D (i.e. you could be 'upstairs' from other explorable areas) made it that much more expansive and immersive.

To be honest, I mainly keep my copy now to unlock Death Tank Zwei (in tandem with Duke Nukem) whenever the battery dies in the Saturn.

Comment

Working...
              X