Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would make you sell your collection or prized gamely possession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    I'd sell my entire collection no probs nowadays. Even SF2 games aren't safe anymore. I'm about 18 months behind in terms of buying and actually playing games. The only game I've bought this year that I've played is Phoenix Wright 2. I'd prolly keep my DS, as I think it's the best thing ever, but nothing else is special to me any more. I'd much rather spend time with my girl and my friends. I even prefer mindless bantering on here instead of actually playing. Half the time I put a game on and just watch the attract sequence again and again. I think it's only because I've been buying games for so many years that I still do it, it's easy as I know so much about it. I feel comfortable buying games, at home with it if you will. It's a little strange I guess. Buying games and not playing them is something of a habit for me nowadays, and an expensive one at that. I've lost that loving feeling I suppose I don't have the time, nor can I be bothered like I used to be, I must find a way to break this purchasing addiction, which is what I consider gaming to me to be nowadays.
    I see you've started J0e :/

Hope it works out well for you

Comment

I've read over this thread many times. It has convinced me to sell off everything barring my DS. I'm really not interested in buying games just to put on the shelf any more. I can think of far better ways to spend my money, and time.

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
      I see you've started J0e :/

Hope it works out well for you
      Thanks much duder. I'll still be here chatting, and helping out when I can. I'll still have my DS too, so I won't be totally out of the loop.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Im almost there with you j0e, im still buying the odd game, but god knows why? I never play anything, never. Even the thought of playing a game seems tedious. At 36 i think ive grown out of gaming and im mulling over the big sell off, the only thing i'd keep is my jp gba stuff for emergencys but even that wont get much use.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post

Thanks much duder. I'll still be here chatting, and helping out when I can. I'll still have my DS too, so I won't be totally out of the loop.
          TBH, I think that's all you really need to get the best in modern gaming. Some of the very best moments in recent years I place on the DS, mainly Ouendan and Dusk, the first being an all time fave now. Don't disappear though, J0e, 'cos I like your input .

Comment

The 'now I don't have it I want to play it' factor has hit me recently.

I've been missing my N64 + collection (really wanted to play Pilotwings again) but thing thing stopping me from going out and buying a load of replacements is the fact I doubt I'd ever find a system (HK, RGB modded, boxed, perfect official controllers and rumble packs, all immac cond and owned from new, etc, etc) and games in the same as-new, minty condition. And maybe that's a good thing. I've sold up and bought back in the past. It's a costly cycle.

Comment

Pilotwings will be on the VC soon enough, anyway.

I may sell a load of stuff soon - just have too much. It's almost a chore thinking of playing it all through!

I've done this a bit in the past and I've had no problems wanting it all back.

Keep the gold but the rest can go, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by nietzschedancing View Post
                TBH, I think that's all you really need to get the best in modern gaming. Some of the very best moments in recent years I place on the DS, mainly Ouendan and Dusk, the first being an all time fave now. Don't disappear though, J0e, 'cos I like your input .
                I won't be going anywhere mate. Your comment has instilled even more confidence in me that I'll be alright with just a DS too. Nice one. Now if only people would buy more of my stuff
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-05-2007, 14:44.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                  ...but my days of hording are behind me now I'm afraid.
                  That's a good thing, don't be like that!

The whole reason why most of us picked up a control pad or a keyboard in the first place is to experiance something out of this world and have some fun.

Where did hoarding, collecting and moaning come into that?

Comment

Well, I must be the first person to go the 'whole nine yards' and sell every single gaming related product I have currently have in possession.

I am to be quite frank getting bored of games but will most likely buy one system sometime in the winter months as I very rarely switch my consoles on at this time of the year.

Want to know what I am selling?

PlayStation 2 items:-

Slim-line PS2 ? DOES NOT INCLUDE AV CABLE ? the system comes with an official component cable instead.

PS2 Triple Pack (accessories) ? includes one PS2 controller, DVD remote control, PSone memory card and PS2 memory card.

Guitar Hero (game and guitar included) ? rarely played and is in ?like new? condition.

Sega Superstars + EyeToy (game and camera included)

Strategy guides:-

Final Fantasy VII strategy guide - (Publisher - Brady Guides)
                    Final Fantasy VIII strategy guide - (Publisher - Authorised Collection)
                    Final Fantasy IX strategy guide - (Publisher - Authorised Collection)
                    Final Fantasy X strategy guide - (Publisher - Authorised Collection)
                    The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion strategy guide - (Publisher ? Prima Games)

Xbox 360 Premium Console:-

Includes: - Xbox 360 console, 20GB hard drive, one wireless controller, ethernet cable, component HD AV cable and a headset. There are 25 Xbox Live Arcade (full version) games on the hard drive ready to play too. Also includes bonus limited edition media remote.

Also includes (that is normally sold separately):- 64MB memory unit and a wireless network adaptor.

Xbox 360 games:-

Crackdown ? (includes Halo 3 beta code)
                    Dead or Alive 4
                    Dead Rising
                    F.E.A.R.
                    Gears of War ? (limited tin-case edition)
                    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
                    GUN
                    Just Cause
                    Kameo: Elements of Power
                    Lost Planet ? (limited steel case edition)
                    NHL 07
                    Perfect Dark Zero ? (limited steel case edition)
                    Pro Evolution Soccer 6
                    Project Gotham Racing 3
                    Rockstar Table Tennis
                    Test Drive Unlimited
                    The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
                    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
                    Tony Hawk?s American Wasteland
                    Viva Pinata ? (limited edition)

Wii:-

Includes: - Wii console, remote and nunchuk controller, accessories and Wii Sports game. There are also 10 Virtual Console games that have already been downloaded and can be re-downloaded for the potential buyer.

These include the following: Kirby?s Adventure, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country, Super Castlevania VI, Super Mario World, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Sonic the Hedgehog and Alien Crush.

Wii games:-

Excite Truck
                    Kororinpa
                    WarioWare: Smooth Moves
                    Wii Play ? includes Wii Play game and (one) Wii remote

Wii accessories:-

Official Wii component AV cable - rarely used and is in ?like new? condition.

Wii Classic controller - rarely used and is in ?like new? condition.

Official GameCube controller (purple) ? it is brand new and has never been used.
                    Earlier on this afternoon, I went to my Father's friend who will be doing the honours of selling my rather small collection. She is a power-seller so it seems appropriate if she took responsibility of selling my stuff; she doesn't mind.

Wow, I can't believe I have done it but it?s done!

Comment

Software wise, there's maybe 20% of my collection I would be hard pressed to get rid of, mostly the strange or cute stuff. The Keio games, Nitoshinden, VF Kids, the Katamari games, assorted Mahjong games... that kind of stuff. Those won't be leaving anytime soon.

On the other hand... I do have a lot of space taken up by games and consoles, so I'm contemplating scaling back... Where "Scaling Back" in this case is defined as "keep the Saturns, Dreamcasts, at least a couple PS1s, the PS2s, the Gamecube & Wii, the Xbox and the 360, the Turbo Duo and portable systems... but that's IT!"

That right there is possibly the most pathetic display of "self control" ever.

Comment

I think if it came dow to it the only way i could part with my stuff would be to sell it as lots, all Saturn stuff etc would have to be sold together as i just don't have time to sell each item seperate.

Last count i did of my collection was of over 2000 boxed games covering nearly every console, so it would take years trying to shift it all.

Comment

I want to sell my collect.

its mainly DC and N64 with a bit of PSOne titles that are harder to find.

Thing is, I dont wana give them away at cheap prices but then sometimes they are not worth anything like I paid for them!

My complete n64 collect, I bough about 80% of the games at full value from import shops at around ?75 each! and I once had about 40 games. make me sad... but then I did enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by BaudAttitude View Post
                            Software wise, there's maybe 20% of my collection I would be hard pressed to get rid of, mostly the strange or cute stuff. The Keio games, Nitoshinden, VF Kids, the Katamari games, assorted Mahjong games... that kind of stuff. Those won't be leaving anytime soon.

On the other hand... I do have a lot of space taken up by games and consoles, so I'm contemplating scaling back... Where "Scaling Back" in this case is defined as "keep the Saturns, Dreamcasts, at least a couple PS1s, the PS2s, the Gamecube & Wii, the Xbox and the 360, the Turbo Duo and portable systems... but that's IT!"

That right there is possibly the most pathetic display of "self control" ever.

LOL, that was me. I struggled to get rid of the GBA and DS Phat even though I had the SP and Lite!

I think some of mine can go without me missing it but I haven't got much that I'd get a lot for. So it will be a lot of stuff before I see a big chunk of wad.

Will have to at some point, though. For space more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              LOL, that was me. I struggled to get rid of the GBA and DS Phat even though I had the SP and Lite!

I think some of mine can go without me missing it but I haven't got much that I'd get a lot for. So it will be a lot of stuff before I see a big chunk of wad.

Will have to at some point, though. For space more than anything.
                              I will admit to still having two Game Boy Colors around and er a Super Game Boy, a Game Boy Player, the NES-style GBA SP, my wife's original DS and my DS lite... But really, Gameboys just pile up, right? Everyone has a few. I hope. I really hope.

But! I'm staring at 3 boxes right now, and when they go out in tomorrow's post, that will be all the Colecovision, Atari 7800, and C64 cartridges gone.

The 5200 and Intellivison boxes have already shipped out - so really that's most of the pre-NES systems gone. Just 2600, Atari 8-bit, and a whole bunch of "miscellaneous" left.

Comment

Working...
                              X