Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any good retro game shops in Paris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any good retro game shops in Paris?

I know it's a long shot..........BUT i should be going Paris later this month. I thought to myself, well as im there i may as well carry out an exercise in purchasing retro games BUT then it hit me, where do i look? Are there any decent shops? - these questions are driving me crazy!!

Does anybody know of the names and locations of any decent shops in Paris?

There's ****loads of them - about a dozen on a couple of streets around Boulevard Voltaire, just next to Republique Metro, and another 5 or 6 south of the river on Rue des Ecoles.
    They've got some truly jaw-dropping stuff, but sadly the prices are to match - last time I was there I must have looked in about 15 shops, but didn't see anything I wanted that couldn't be had cheaper on eBay. Still, a good distraction for an afternoon's window shopping

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama View Post
      There's ****loads of them - about a dozen on a couple of streets around Boulevard Voltaire, just next to Republique Metro, and another 5 or 6 south of the river on Rue des Ecoles.
      They've got some truly jaw-dropping stuff, but sadly the prices are to match - last time I was there I must have looked in about 15 shops, but didn't see anything I wanted that couldn't be had cheaper on eBay. Still, a good distraction for an afternoon's window shopping
      Thank you once again, Sir.

Comment

Check out the (tweeleries?) sorry I cant spell it, its basically the flea market area thing. I got a couple of cheap gameboy games there a few years back, everything else was really expensive though, even if it was broke (non-games related stuff) that was all I saw.. games-wise but I guess its worth a shot if you have some time to kill.. thats all I can remember.

Comment

I'm afraid Paris sucks for decent priced retro, even more than London. Get out and about and you can find some decent stuff though - picked up some good bargains in Dijon a couple of years ago

Comment

Yeah they're are a few decent ones knocking about - pretty much all the above ones mentioned, but as has been said they are all pretty pricy
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

12 year thread necromancy!

Are these places still about? Are there now better places to go? I know a few people have made comment in the past about there being some decent things to ogle, even if not particularly well priced.

I thought there was a reasonable arcade scene in Paris too, but the only one I knew by name (Arcade Street) is supposedly shuttered.

Comment

Working...
              X