Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capcom Design Works - the ultimate for Capcom fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom Design Works - the ultimate for Capcom fans?

I bought this lovely artbook two weeks ago from Amazon.co.jp, and I must say that this is probably greatest single fanproduct I have ever seen. Weighting over 224 pages, this book contains illustrations from nearly every game series that Capcom has published since 1992. From Captain Commando to Quiz Nanairo Dreams this book has it all. Although focus has clearly been on more rarer games that don't have their own artbooks, there is also lots stuff from more popular series such as Street Fighter and Final Fight. Every series has at least two pages dedicated to it, and most illustrations take full page, meaning that there isn't nearly any text. Great stuff.
    Last edited by elkatas; 18-05-2007, 10:54.

Ace man. Thx for sharing the find.

Kleenex at the ready!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
      Ace man. Thx for sharing the find.
      This is actually second book of Capcom Design Works. First book is called Capcom Design Works: Early Days, and it concentrates mostly on Capcom's arcade games such as Bionic Commando, Gunsmoke and SonSon. Unfortunately book is out of print and little bitch to find.

BTW, gallery below encouraged me to buy the book. Shows really how diverse the book is:

Comment

Is this the first one? This place allegedly has stock:

Not sure if that's just an open order etc.

VGI have it in stock too for about £35.
        Last edited by anephric; 18-05-2007, 13:39.

Comment

Woof. Amazon Japan don't do surface shipping anymore, which makes the expedited shipping 150% more than the book costs...

Comment

Originally posted by anephric View Post
            Is this the first one?
            Yup. By my understanding, there is actually two books that carry same name, but the second one was made specifically for japanese gaming magazine.

Woof. Amazon Japan don't do surface shipping anymore, which makes the expedited shipping 150% more than the book costs...
            Little disapointing, but it is still cheaper to order from there than most shops that sell videogame artbooks.

Comment

Was thinking about picking this up not too long ago. Does sound impressive.

Comment

I have it, awesome book. Also check out: All about SNK.

Comment

ive got both the capcom books, there really nice with some beautiful art in there

Comment

I've got both books too. Well worth the money. Be careful though there are a lot of dodgy ones on ebay.

For reference the Capcom Design Work Early Days cover is printed on 'prismatic' (not sure if that's the right word!) paper which you should just be able to see on a decent photo. It should have a black and orange obi strip

The original Capcom Design Works cover is printed on textured paper which you probably wouldn't be able to see on a photo. This should have a red and green obi strip

I would take photo myself but I've only got a camera phone and the quality is a bit pants.

www.otaku.co.uk have Capcom Design works in stock for £27.99 (not sure about shipping)

Comment

VGI have it in stock too for about ?35.
                      Who are VGI?

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo1990 View Post
                        Who are VGI?

Only use i find for them is valuing stuff, simply have a look at their price for something then knock a good 20-30% off to work out it's real value

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                          BTW, gallery below encouraged me to buy the book. Shows really how diverse the book is:

http://gallery.digik.net/gallery/173
                          holy ****, that looks amazing, are these actual shot from the book ? if so this is one to add to the collection ! amazing stuff !

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                            holy ****, that looks amazing, are these actual shot from the book ? if so this is one to add to the collection ! amazing stuff !
                            Yeah. That link has actually whole book scanned.

Comment

I'll take a look in my friend's store. IIRC, they had/have it too.

Comment

Working...
                              X