Colours consoles would look good in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colours consoles would look good in?

Ok so you know the deal, you have your favourite retro console, nowadays its the "thing" to make a console available in several different colours, back in the day it seemed just handhelds enjoyed this freedom of choice.

My question is which colour would you choose for your favourite retro console and why? e.g. SNES, Saturn, Master System

I just got thinking since ive seen people painting these consoles and stuff and sometimes they can look quite spiffy!

Theres a good one of a spray painted Master System I over at Sega8bit but I dont want to repost the picture without permission. I was going to do one in a similar style but it was something that kinda got abandoned and I didnt pick it up again.

I'm going to have to say, the Saturn in it's Champagne gray/silver that it was first showen in. I'm still gutted that of all the re-colours it got, that was never one.

Comment

I've got a horrendously badly yellowed Snes from a car boot for about £5 that i've thought about taking apart and spraying with plastikote!

Quite tempted with metallic blue or a metallic cherry red for the Snes. Not got round to it but not got much to lose as the discolouration of the white plastic is the worst i've ever seen on my one.

Comment

I would love a bright orange Dreamcast with blue trim and a vright blue LED. I am sure I have seen one somewhere to make me want this colour scheme, maybe there was a ltd edition one?

Comment

I wouldnt mind a Ruby red DC, or an original GBA in Silver with orange buttons like the prototype. It was, er, nice.
          Last edited by SuperDanX; 05-06-2007, 08:43.

Comment

I love my black R7 DC, just sits nicely with the Mega Drive. I've also got a skeleton Saturn which is by far my favourite.

I wouldn't mind the Biohazard consoles, red and blue, they're well nice. When I can afford it I might start to pick up the different coloured Dreamcasts for the hell of it. :P

Comment

Gonna buy an old PS1 this weekend and spraypaint it black. (Then modchip it and install an overclock with switch).
              It'll be a nice birthday present!

Comment

I remember those luminous terry towelling-type socks you could get in the 80's. I'd like the MD1 to come in those colours - luminous pink, luminous green, luminous orange.

Comment

Working...
                X