Collecting for the NGPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting for the NGPC

I'm considering purchasing another NGPC and I've noticed that software for the machine seems to be quite collectable these days - especially the lovely UK clamshell style cases.

Anyone here have a 'complete' collection?

They aren't worth as much as they used to be, hell, I saw picture puzzle go for £20 on ebay the other day, people would clamber over themselves usually. Pocket Reversi is still going for stupid money though I recall.

They sure do look nice on a shelf, and the most playable games can be had very cheap, but if you're collecting as such, the pricier ones will get you.

Great machine though, let down by slightly flaky hardware regarding games stopping working, and sometimes the machines themselves.

Comment

Mayhem's got the lot.

Comment

Back in my collecting days I had a Neo Geo Pocket, Colour, around 12 fully boxed UK games and around 15 Americian Un-Boxed games.

Apart from the excellent Sonic my favourite on the system was Gals Fighters, a really twee fighting game but I only had the Cartridge.

I put out appeals on here, Rllmuk and kept an eye out but never got round to buying it. Although my collecting genes have passed on, I would be sorley tempted if one complete UK copy was on offer.

Comment

Besides Pocket Reversi, what games are collectable? Cotton?

Comment

Trouble is the unboxed games are so cheap (used to be around a fiver a pop for most titles), I begrudged paying ridiculous amounts for the boxed counterparts.

Comment

i have a complete NGPC (UK) collection and one away from a complete NGP collection. I think its a wicked machine and some really nice games such as Neo Geo Golf and Metal Slug etc etc - they have come down in price recently due to a particular seller (on ebay) flooding the market BUT generally they still hold some value espeically (Cotton, Pocket Reversi, Dive Alert Becki etc etc).

They also look lovely as a collection - only 38 to collect, id definitely recommend it!

Comment

I like the machine, but I don't quite agree that it is a beat-em-up fan's dream. Most of them play very similarly to me. I quite like them, but I much prefer Golf, Metal Slug, Cotton and a few others.

Anyone know if Cotton got a Japanese release? I have never seen it, but it seems inconceivable that a Cotton game would be released only in the West.

Comment

Cotton did get a JPN release according to this rather comprehensive list

Comment

Thanks. It's one of about four games on that list I have never seen, despite regular trips to Akihanara.

Comment

i had a full set many moons ago

lovely things, decided it was time for something different

glad i sold them when i did, the prices now are great for somebody trying to start a collection

much the same with AES and CD

Comment

I sold a complete UK Gals Fighters on rllmuk a few months ago, got £18 for it iirc. Kinda wished i'd kept it now
                        Have a minty complete UK Cotton here too, which i may put up in the sales forum again soon if anyone is interested.

Comment

lol, just wait til Duddy's desperate for that to complete his collection, then fleece him

Comment

Faselei is a nice game which can be had cheaply thanks to lots of unboxed versions being discovered. Of course, mine is boxed

And don't be fooled by the high price of Evolution; it's dire. You can of course buy mine from me if you don't believe me!

Comment

No surprise Duddy has already roped me into helping () so I'll be taking a few choice shots of my stuff today...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                              X