No announcement yet.

Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not feeling the love. Anyone else up for this snk theme? Should I just go for it and see what happens?

Comment

I play a lot of SNK stuff, so I'd contribute. In fact I have been recently "enduring" Samurai Shodown Sen...

Comment

I've just bought an MVS cab with a load of games so I'd definitely be up for this. It doesn't arrive until next Monday though. The waiting is killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Not feeling the love. Anyone else up for this snk theme? Should I just go for it and see what happens?
          Do it SNK is great as many can join in what with the availability on MVS, AES, SS, MD, SFC, NGCD, NGP, GBA, PSP, Wii, PSN, PS2, 360, and the rest. Also covers a huge scape timewise & genre

Comment

Suggestions for September please.

Comment

Bump.
              I was thinking Halo, but then realised Halo reach will be out at the same time.
              How about Bomberman? I haven't played it for ages, so would be good to download and play a few of you. It's on XBLA and PSN. Not much to discuss though.
              Um. better suggestions?

Comment

How about looking at launch titles from a particular gen, say last gen? Wider topic, but a sort of general reappraisal in the cold light of day of stuff like Fantavision.

Comment

I was thinking of suggesting this anyway, but the low score for Mad Tracks has kind of cemented it for me...

How about isometric viewpoint racers?

I'm thinking:
                  Micro Machines V3
                  The Great 1000 Miles Rally
                  Racing Gears Advance
                  R.C. Pro-am
                  Rock & Roll Racing
                  Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off Road
                  Mashed

and so on...

Comment

Hmm weird. I was thinking that too.
                    Iron Off Road - what a game.
                    Rush Rush Rally racing on the DC is pretty good too.
                    Mashed - can you get that on download or BC??

Comment

I love The Great 1000 Mile Rally and its sequel. There's a similar rally game that I can't remember the name of, but I don't think it's by Kaneko.

As for Mashed, it's not on download, but the 360 version of Mashed: Fully Loaded is backwards compatible.

A little digging showed that Supersonic Software, makers of Mashed, Circuit Breakers and Micro Machines V4 are currently working on GAS: Fuel for Fun for XBLA and PS3

Maybe that deserves a slot in Headlines, as that's great news!

Comment

I Loved The Great 1000 Mile Rally too, shame there's no console port (that I know of). One game that I'd love to properly play is World Rally by Gaelco. Last time I checked, it wasn't emulated properly on MAME and I've never seen a home version. It's supposed to be excellent though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                          One game that I'd love to properly play is World Rally by Gaelco. Last time I checked, it wasn't emulated properly on MAME and I've never seen a home version. It's supposed to be excellent though.
                          That's the one I was thinking about!

Well done! It was doing my nut in trying to remember what it was called.

Apparently, Gaelco themselves have made it for MAME!

(scroll down a bit)

Sweeeeeet!

Comment

Cool. That's really good of the to put it out for MAME. I'll have to check it out later.

Comment

A bit platform specific, but with the announcement of a new EDF, how about EDF 360?

Comment

I think that would be a great idea! If only this game had online co-op...

Those without a 360 could join in on the bug blasting fun by playing one of the two PS2 games in the series (released in Japan as The Chikyuu Boueigun 1 and 2 and in Europe as Monster Attack and Global Defence Force).

cavalcade's suggestion of launch titles from a particular generation of consoles also seems interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X