New 3DO games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anephric View Post
    I think Freedo claims something like 90% compatibility.
    Unless there is a Mac version I'm scuppered there.

Comment

No, they were supposed to be working on Mac, Xbox ports etc but they abandoned the whole project fairly recently, so the emulation rate in Windows only is as good as it's ever going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
        Decathlon must be total garbage if they won't show the in-game visuals.
        I think I remember seeing a preview of it (or something really similar) in one of the last issues of 3DO Magazine. Looked really **** even back then...

I remember getting excited about a planned F1 game which was also canned... it was all flat polys like Crammond's F1GP. Could have been interesting

Comment

If you think Powerslide looks crap, try Autobahn Tokio.

Shiver.
          I seem to remember some people touting that as the 3DO's answer to Ridge Racer

I really rate the 3DO system, and really enjoyed it back in 94. Back then Road Rash and Need For Speed were mindblowing.

I wish we had seen a second wave of quality games. We all know that first wave games never take full advantage of the hardware. I can only imagine that sequels to NFS and Road Rash would have been even more impressive.

Comment

Killing Time's pretty impressive in terms of what it chucks about (even if the framerate's crummy at times). In terms of graphical prowess, I don't think much is going to beat Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger. It slings fully-textured polys around at a really fast clip, has decent FMV, decent loading times and really impressive explosions.

Comment

Killing Time's pretty impressive in terms of what it chucks about (even if the framerate's crummy at times). In terms of graphical prowess, I don't think much is going to beat Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger. It slings fully-textured polys around at a really fast clip, has decent FMV, decent loading times and really impressive explosions.
              I never bothered with WC3. I definitely missed-out on the opportunity to impress my mates

Need For Speed was my favourite 3DO game. I like racers, and at the time, it was fantastic. It's a shame the PS1 sequel was basically an arcade racer, with lame handling etc....

I will always wonder what sequels to Road Rash and NFS would have been like. I bet the devs could have really impressed.

Way Of The Warrior was a great game. It impressed me technically, and I really appreciated the design work. One of the best start-ups ever ( Talking skulls rock!!! )

Comment

SOOPA 52mhz power still have mine.

Comment

Working...
                X