Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manhunt - where to get it

Any idea please?

Also, which versions are available and which is best?

I`ve been all over trying to get the XBox version but to no avail, although my local CEX is showing as having one so I have a mate checking that out for me.

The PS2 version is easilly available from the usual suspects.

Some people say that the PS2 version is the best but the textures are supposed to be better on teh XBox version.

Comment

I have the XBOX version on its way to me via ebay

got a PS2 version sat at home waiting for me but it doesn't work on a PAL PS3 apparently

Comment

The PS2 version can be found fairly easily second hand, online and offline (well, it could a year or so ago). If you can, I'd advise going for that one.

Comment

Any reason why PS2 concept?

Comment

It's personal preference, but I don't like the way it looked on the Xbox. It seemed very smooth (perhaps it's missing some filter effects, I can't remember).

Manhunt suits the slightly ragged aesthetic on the PS2. That and I was used to layout on the PS2 pad (even if most of my gaming these days is 360 based).

Comment

FYI there is a PC version aswell if anyone finds that easier to get.

Comment

If there's anyone here living in Bath, there was a second Xbox copy for ?10 in ePlay. Box was in a bit of a sorry state, though. eBay has tons of copies atm.

Comment

Don't hold me to this, but I heard that some versions of the game were censored. Pretty sure that later copies of the PS2 version and all copies of the xbox and PC had been in some way modified. I can't remember where I read this, but its probably worth looking into.

Comment

I've got an inital PS2 release copy and a copy from the later PC release. Completed them both - there isn't a difference in terms of content.

Not played much of the Xbox version beyond the first few scenes (as in chapters). Didn't seem to be anything different from what I can recall.

Comment

There are plenty of PS2 versions on ebay for about £12 B.I.N.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Any idea please?

Also, which versions are available and which is best?
                        Have both XB and PS2 versions. Xbox visuals are sharper and the extra control option of the XB version is better than the PS2 version(closer to regular third-person controls than the PS2 version). XB, then, I'd say (not tried PC)

Comment

Amazon have brand new copies for ?12.10

Comment

The Xbox version looked softer to my eyes. Same with the GTAIII port.

Comment

Xbox and PS2 versions are ₤7.99 in Gamestation (online and shop)

Comment

Working...
                              X