All things Megaman/Rockman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All things Megaman/Rockman

(original post talking about the Japanese rockman megaworld)

First off, this game is great..the first 3 megaman (rockman) games on one cart and super visuals..fantastic..however...

I've noticed this, when changing to another character then changing back to megaman, he kinda fires like small lazers..i don't ever remember this in the original, although its been years since i played the original..anyone know what i mean?

Thanks.

Rockman, also known to us westerners as rockman!

Haven't beaten the original rockman (megaman) since i was a kid, i remember it being fairly difficult but not overly so, if you know what i mean.

I recently bought rockman mega world for the Japanese megadrive and as far as i can tell (having beaten the first) its the original games with updated graphics,the arrangements seem the same, but get this..it has a save system, genius!!

There must be so many games in this series now..i've only played about 5% *for shame* i remember transmission on the cube but the boss fights were ridiculous IMO.

If you haven't played this in a while, or atall, if you've been living under a rock man *hides*! get this game..its up there were the best platformers IMO.

Comment

I prefer X1 and X2 on the Super NES. Timeless games.

Comment

I love the original game boy versions of this series, and the PSP remake of the first game is great.

Finding a copy of the first Famicom game is proving very difficult, as is finding the Gamegear version boxed.

Comment

I had megaman 3 on the NES and loved it as a kid. I completed it through perseverence, something that I'd never be able to do today!

Comment

Mad props to the recent PSP remake. And I also have big love for the SNES versions. The new one on the DS is crap though - time to stop making these IMO

Comment

Horrible series.

He cant even duck.

Comment

Have merged the two Rockman threads into one. Seems chronologically a bit strange, however all you Rockman fans should be able to sort it out.

Rockman and Forte, btw - that was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Baggie View Post
                  I love the original game boy versions of this series, and the PSP remake of the first game is great.

Finding a copy of the first Famicom game is proving very difficult, as is finding the Gamegear version boxed.
                  JapanGameStock occasionally get the first Famicom version unboxed (they've just put up 2 & 4 unboxed), but boxed copies are really difficult to find. Maybe you'd have better luck on Yahoo auctions?

I got mine about four years ago on Ebay:

I've never seen a boxed copy of the GameGear version on Ebay

Comment

I really liked the DS one. Megaman ZX, that is. It felt to me like they've finally found a decent direction for the series after years of mucking around making RPGs and increasingly bad, yet somehow identical, Megaman X games.

It needed work on the map (Advent is supposed to be a lot better), but the whole Metroidization thing worked well, and fits with the mechanic that the series has always had of getting new powers from killing bosses.

Comment

I think Megaman 2 is my favorite, I remember playing Megaman 3 after but it seemed much more difficult so I don't think I enjoyed it as much. I really like the PSP one too, did anybody collect the Capcom Special Collection UMD that had lots of Megaman stuff on it?

Comment

Mega Man 2 is the first game I ever got... I can hear Wily's Fortress' theme in my head right now. I have almost every Mega Man and X game for all systems except the NES... Sold them over 15 years ago.

Rockman X is my favorite game. Great solid playability.

Comment

I was just playing Rockman X4 on the Sega Saturn (I say Rockman because that's actually the version I'm playing, I don't mean to be snooty).

It's very half and half I have to say. It'd be a hell of a lot more fun if it was just easier, but at the same time it looks great and has some really nice music and levels.

Comment

it certainly is rock! tried the first one on nesticle and it is one of the most unforgiving games ever. great music though!

Comment

Just started rockman 2, what a gem of the game, first thing that is hitting me is not the outstanding level design but the glorious music.

May as well make this thread a talk about all things rockman/megman.

Comment

Working...
                              X