X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify some PCE HuCards

Hi

Can anyone name these little fellas for me?

ta
    Pete

Comment

Peach boy something or other (not sure the exact name on that one), Doraemon, Bikkuri man world, Tales of the monster path (yokai dochuki)

EDIT: The peach boy one is super momotaro dentetsu.
      Last edited by Colin; 20-01-2010, 13:33.

Comment

nice work, thank you

Comment

Nah, it's Momotarou Katsugeki

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            Nah, it's Momotarou Katsugeki
            And is bloody amazing.

Comment

I've never been much good at getting the Japanese names right, roughly is usually good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                And is bloody amazing.
                Definitely worth a purchase, then? It looks Mario-esque (in a good way) from the video I've seen at the PC Engine Software Bible.

Comment

Without a doubt worth a purchase. Its kind of tricky at first, but once you get the stages down...you can nail the whole game in 30 Minutes (ish)

Don't get me wrong...I doubt for the most of us we would pick it up and complete it on our first go.

It has Japanese menus for specials and they are pretty much all easily worked out.

Like you say...its kind of Mario..100% platformer, some nice touches and very good level design.

I'm sure I picked it up for under a tenner and sold it for less than that to the man Garry.

I 100% recommend this game. It is great.

Comment

Cheers, mate - just bought one off eBay for just under £6.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                      Cheers, mate - just bought one off eBay for just under ?6.
                      Best 6 queen heads you'll spend this year

Comment

Hoping someone else here can put me out of my misery - I'm trying to remember the name of an old (1990's?) Arcade title.

It was a two player maze puzzler where you played as a pair of shaggy looking guitarists. The game started with the female singer of your band being dragged off stage by a giant hand through a portal and you dived in after her, ending up in an ancient Egypt style level.

You had to bat bombs and enemies with your guitars.

Comment

Might even have been the mid to late 80's now I come to think of it. Please someone, put me out of my misery! I know I didn't imagine it

Comment

Sounds like Rock 'n Rage by Konami.

Rock 'n Rage is a Videogame by Konami (circa 1986). Two rock stars must battle through five stages battling enemies from different time periods.
                            Last edited by Phar; 26-01-2010, 09:50.

Comment

That's it! You absolute legend, you've saved my sanity

Comment

i remember a side scrolling beat em up where our hero climbs up a cliff at the beginning and has to fight various baddies - it has a japanese theme, and the main boss is a shadowy figure with a large bird perched on his shoulder

it was either on the amiga or atari st

can anyone help?

Comment

Working...
                                X