Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't really help you with the name of it but maybe something on here might ring a bell.http://www.lemonamiga.com/?mainurl=h...e%3DPlatformer
    Last edited by Phar; 28-06-2008, 23:09.

Comment

No luck on Lemon unfortunately!

Dammit, What Amiga game is it with a Beating Heart Boss!? GRRRRRR

Comment

Anyone know what game this is from? I found it in an interview with Camelot but I'm 99% certain it's not from a Camelot game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
          Im pretty sure im not going mad as my father also remembers this gaming moment watching over my shoulder while playing the amiga very young...

Im convinced its one of the Turrican games but need help identifying which one or in the worst case, which game it actually is (i.e. NOT Turrican!) Grrr

I remember a screen where a wall opens up in the centre of the screen and a beating heart is visible and the enemy you need to kill. Wether it was a boss or cut scene, im really not sure.
          I also seem to remember a bright blue clear sky behind the wall.

Ive checked screenshots on Turrican fan pages but cant seem to find what im looking for!
          Please cure my mind and help me find out what game this is from!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers, Adam
          This could be either Contra 3 or Cybernator on the SNES (you sure its amiga)? I remember that one of these had a level like that but can't remember which one

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis View Post
            This could be either Contra 3 or Cybernator on the SNES (you sure its amiga)? I remember that one of these had a level like that but can't remember which one
            Its definately Amiga... I didnt have a single console until 1999 (Dreamcast) So there is no way it can be anything else unfortunately!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post

Anyone know what game this is from? I found it in an interview with Camelot but I'm 99% certain it's not from a Camelot game.
              It's the Breath of fire cast.

Comment

Hello - I use to buy Mean Machines (magazine) back in the early 90's. I used to have a Super Famicom then, but I wouldn't have minded a MegaDrive too! Anyway I remember a mini article on a game for the Megadrive. It was called something like 'Mai Mai Land' or 'Wai Wai Land', or 'something _land' or 'something _world'........probably. I don't know if this game was actually any good, but it looked very brightly coloured and very nice looking (in mini screenshots anyway). I got the impression it was a platform game. The artwork featured two young elven looknig children - a boy and a girl. I think the screenshot featured a ferris wheel (possibly). Can anyone ID this game for me?
                I have a Megadrive now, and it seems odd that I should remember this article, so I feel its only right to give the game a go. I hope its good!

+please could anyone tell me if you can get a Mario game (unofficial) for the Megadrive. Or a Sonic (unofficial) for the SNES. I know one of these exists, because there was an article in one of the older Retro Gamers, but I don't have the magazine, and I can't remember now.

Appreciate any help. Thank you!
                -Buzz

Comment

Marvel Land I think it could be.

Comment

Thank you very much Hoolak - that's the game! I just googled
                    it. It was originally an arcade game. It is know as Talmit's
                    Adventure in Europe. I watched a video on Youtube. It looks
                    very nice, I will definitely have to get a copy. Have you played
                    it?

P.S. What's the game under your name? I love games where you
                    can swing from ropes/grappling lines.

Comment

I havn't played Marvel Land, no. But like you, I too saw the screenshots in Mean Machines and thought, I'd like to play that

The game in my avatar is the NES version of Bionic Commando. The best version in my opinion. The arcade version and its conversions were different, harder and not as deep.

Comment

Yes Mean Machines was a good magazine - back in the day. I'm not sure about the plastic Julian Rignall they gave away with one issue though!
                        I have fond memories of Bionic Commando on the Spectrum (it was probably crap though!). Batman: The Movie (Amiga) had a good platform section where you could use your grappling line to swing around, and cause mischef. Ninja Cop (GBA) is also meant to be a bit like Bionic Commando.
                        Thanks for your help. Bye! (Goes off to trawl Ebay for a copy of Marvel Land)

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                          I havn't played Marvel Land, no. But like you, I too saw the screenshots in Mean Machines and thought, I'd like to play that
                          It's a typical Namcot platformer from the era. Ridiculously easy, but infuriatingly hard at the same time. Controls are poor, music is naff but it's awesome to play. Nice box art to on the JP version.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                            Im pretty sure im not going mad as my father also remembers this gaming moment watching over my shoulder while playing the amiga very young...

Im convinced its one of the Turrican games but need help identifying which one or in the worst case, which game it actually is (i.e. NOT Turrican!) Grrr

I remember a screen where a wall opens up in the centre of the screen and a beating heart is visible and the enemy you need to kill. Wether it was a boss or cut scene, im really not sure.
                            I also seem to remember a bright blue clear sky behind the wall.

Ive checked screenshots on Turrican fan pages but cant seem to find what im looking for!
                            Please cure my mind and help me find out what game this is from!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers, Adam
                            Know it's probably not what you mention, but Forgotten Worlds features a heart-like thingy as a level boss (and there's some blue wall-y bits in there, too...)????????

It deffo came out on Amiga as it was on this Capcom compilation pack I had in about 1990.

(MD version miles better, though.)

Comment

I should know this, but I don't
                              What's the Atari game with those green men with horizontal black lines for eyes? I think they come out of the ship in the video game Anthology of Interest episode of Futurama. You know what I mean, right? Do those enemies have a name?
                              Don't fail me now! Thanks!

Sorrel

Comment

Nevermind! I got it! It was Berzerk!

Comment

Working...
                                X