Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find the name of an old coin op. It was a cross between Tetris and a vertical shooter. Brown blocks descended from the top of the screen and you had to shoot blocks to fill in the gaps and clear lines.
    Just a simple cab with a joystick and one fire button.
    Any help appreciated.

Comment

Sounds like Block Hole

Block Hole is a Videogame by Konami (circa 1989). A puzzle game where a spaceship tries to shoot blocks by shooting the top of each block until they match. The game ends when the blocks reach the bottom.

Comment

That's the one. Thanks for that.

Comment

Here's a long shot... The first vertical shooter I ever played, it was in the early 90s I think, I remember the enemy ships on screen being quite large, but they could have been bosses rather than normal enemies, i'm not sure. Some levels may have taken place over a water backdrop, however this may be an incorrect memory.

Did many vertical shooters come to the arcades in Europe/UK in the early 90s? Is it possible to narrow down titles?
          Last edited by Blade Runner; 10-11-2008, 19:42.

Comment

Is it Gun Frontier?

Comment

I doubt i will have any luck with this but it's driving me crazy and any one finds it for me i will be in there debt forever .

I remember doing a search on this forum for gameboy advance games or something like that and finding a topic where people where listing good games. And some one posted a picture of a game it was an a obstacle course navigation game i had a top down view i think it had animals in balls like monkey ball and I believe it had a tilt sensor might not though .

Comment

was it not kuru kuru kururin? not many gba games had a tilt sensor. sure it wasn't koro koro kirby on gbc?

Comment

I found it last night its called turbo turtle I don't think it meant to the worlds most amazing game but it sounded pretty decent hopefully will be worth adding to my gba collection .

I hasn't got a tilt sensor i must have just Imagined that part thanks for the help though .

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Is it Gun Frontier?
                    I forgot I posted in this thread... It didn't have that western theme. Thanks for trying though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
                      I forgot I posted in this thread... It didn't have that western theme. Thanks for trying though.
                      Quick guess: Gemini Wing?

Comment

what's the game with the line "there was method to his madness"?

Comment

me and my katamari! it was me and my katamari! jesus that's been bothering me all day. but it was method to your madness.

Comment

ok there is NO WAY anyone is going to get this, but here goes. Looking for a pc game, or possibly mac. We had one computer at our school in the 90's and we had this game for it, I think it was some kind of studio suite, the thing I remember is making a marionette or something. I think you added limbs and then it danced about or some ****. Pretty sure it was a recent game at the time, around 1995. Any clues?

Comment

Here's one I used to play at Quazar:

The game was just like Neo Driftout but with sports cars such as the Alpha Romeo Spider.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                                Here's one I used to play at Quazar:

The game was just like Neo Driftout but with sports cars such as the Alpha Romeo Spider.
                                Mille Miglia: Great 1000 miles rally? ,or it could be the second one
                                Last edited by GarageNation; 24-07-2009, 15:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X