Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an arcade game. It was a scrolling beat em up, very basic, maybe around 84.

The Graphics looked a bit like Karate Champ, kind of basic with block colours coloured in.

I remember it having lifts and end of level boses...

Any ideas?

Comment

Irem's Kung Fu Master? Think this had stairs at the end of each stage though and not lifts.

Comment

Definitely not Kung Fu Master...thats one of my favourite games of all time.

I think I may be off saying 84...it could be between 85-88.

It was kind of run/jump and action. I'm hoping I can find what it is and see if it got a home conversion...

Thanks tho Mighty Reds Fan.

Comment

Sounds like Bruce Lee although I don't think that was an arcade game.

Comment

Kuri Kinton, by Taito??

Think it's an '88 game, so the graphics are a tad more sophisticated than Karate Champ but not by that much, really.

Probably not, but the mechanics are verrry similar...

Comment

Jazzfunk! Legend! it is Kuri Kinton. Thank you! X

Comment

^Hehe, can't believe I finally got one right! You've made my twilight, I feel like Kevin off Egg'eads right now.

X to you too!

Comment

Haha..my description was a bit wrong, the graphics weren't as basic as I imagined, but I knew it from one screen-shot, the power gauges at the top.

Went on to youtube, yep..definitely Kuri Kinton. Was hoping it would be on Japanese PC-Engine, but it looks not. Think it is on a Taito Legends though..

Thanks again. X back!

Comment

Can anyone please tell me the Spectrum game this screenshot is from? My first thought was obviously that it's called Scroll, as that is what it says at the top right, but I can't find it on any lists anywhere. Maybe that was just the name of the head up display?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Atic Atac

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
                        Atic Atac
                        Thanks!

Comment

I need help remembering the name of a Playstation 1 game that I only ever had the demo of.

You controlled this little tribal looking guy with pink coloured hair. It was a left to right 2D type game I think. You would be up in trees and in forest type areas.

Any suggestions are welcome as the moment I see a picture I will instantly know if it's the game. Sorry for the lack of details, can't remember much else about it.

Comment

Sounds like Tombi!

Comment

That's the game! Cheers Pharfetchd.

I used to love playing the demo, had a quick look on Amazon just now and it's selling for £54.

Comment

Yeah it's a great little platformer, didn't realise it went for that much these days though. I remember selling mine for peanuts years back. Sony really need to get stuff like this up on the PSN and give everyone a chance to play it without having to pay those prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X