Rare gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare gear.

Hi guys. This is my first post, so please be gentle with me.

First of all, this isn't spam or anything. I'm basically just looking for some advice.

Essentially, i don't have the time for gaming any more. Well, i do, but not the way that i used to. I'm 32, and i've been gaming since i can remember. I've owned most of (and still do) the console that have been released. But, due to lack of time, i can only really manage to juggle the current gen of consoles. I have a ton of systems, but i only really find time to play on either the 360 or the PS3 (my Wii is gathering dust), so i'm getting rid of my systems and games.

I have loads of "choice" stuff that i'll be ebaying, or selling privatly. Radiant Silvergun, Shining Force 3, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Symphony of the night (with artbook and soundtrack), a Nintendo sealed copy of Link to the past on the SNES....and a partridge in a pear tree.

But the major thing i'm selling is a Sharp Super Famicom television. Basically, it's a 19" TV set, with a Super Famicom built into it. Cartridges slot into the top, and there are two controller ports on the front. I have the stepdown for it, and it works perfectly. A few minor scratches, and the front panel covering the controller ports is missing, otherwise it's sat pride of possession in my collection. Alas, it's time for it to go.

Anyway...i've no idea how much it's worth! My research on the net hasn't got anything, and the only thing i've seen about it is in the Edge retro special in the price guide. It says in there that one has never been put up for sale in the west (or something along those lines)

I thought i would post it in here to see if anyone has any ideas, as you seem to be in the retro/import scene, and may be able to shed some light for me.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Dr_nottsville

Last time i saw one for sale was at videogameimports.com & they wanted about £300 if i remember but it could have been more. The more complete they are the more there worth.

You could email them and ask i guess, like you say its not a very common thing to find in the west.

Oh & welcome to the forums (^_^)
    Last edited by importaku; 12-07-2007, 18:11. Reason: lol where were my manners

Comment

hi dude, ive seen a few of these on ebay actually, usually guys in HONG KING, they usually sell them for around £200 exc delivery of course! the guy i saw had a NES one and SNES!

Comment

Before anyone moans- no its not mine- I don't know the seller either. This is such a rare item and I've never seen one in the UK before so I thought I'd let you kids know about it. Fantastic stuff... Sorely tempted... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...8184323226&rd=1

The last one to be sold on ebay UK? Not something I'd be interested in buying tbh but I'm sure you'll get a decent price for it.

Comment

Mmmmm...thanks guys.

I was thinking of ebaying the set, but postage would be a shedload. It weighs a tonne!! I think it would have to be a pickup or something along the lines. I'm surprised at the price though, i payed ?350 for it.....oops! hehe....

Comment

They come up all the time on Yahoo.JP - not rare really and I watched one go for £30! Even with third party agent fees/shipping etc you could probably get one for £100 ish.

http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g53948642

Comment

Thanks for that dude.

I may just stick on on ebay for buy it now - ?300, and see what happens.

Comment

Good luck - I would love one, it might go at £199 but £300 is a lot of money...

PS it must be 14" or 21" Model numbers were 14G-SF1 or 21G-SF1.

http://www.superfamicom.de/H/9.htm
                Last edited by Max P.; 13-07-2007, 10:17.

Comment

Yeah, just checked. It's the 21in version

Comment

Working...
                  X