X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gamer 40

Complete History
    Mortal Kombat
    Discover the complete history of one of gaming's goriest beat-em-ups.

The Making of
    Archon
    Thought chess was the ultimate board game? You've obviously not heard of Electronic Arts' Archon then.

Retroinspection
    PC ENGINE
    Smaller than a packet of crisps, but it still packs a powerful punch. Meet NEC's PC Engine.

Whatever Happened to
    Pac-Man VR
    It had the potential to be the greatest ever Pac-Man game but it wasn't meant to be. Retro Gamer reveals all.

Company Profile
    id Software
    Wolfenstein 3D, Doom and Quake... Just three reasons why no one makes first-person shooters like id Software.

The Making of
    Quake
    Join us as we go behind the scenes of the mighty Quake.

Developer Lookback
    SNK Part 3
    It's been a long journey, but we've finally come to the end of our SNK trilogy. No tears now.

the Making of
    Aliens
    Game designer Mark Eyles reveals the history of Aliens' creation. Make sure you're wearing a large nappy.

The making of
    Chuckie Egg
    nigel Alderton finds time to talk about Chuckie Egg, one of the greatest 8-bit platformers around.

Zeke just kicked the bucket: Spanner visits Pan Amusements.
    High score: Tetris.
    In the chair with... Mel Croucher.

Also: Panza Kick Boxing, Quest for the Rings, Slatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti, Libble Rabble, Radiant Silvergun, Flood, Rod-Land, Sunset Riders.

I set up a subscription after the last issue so I'm expecting my copy soon. It looks to be a good one.

Comment

Got my subs copy today.

Another great issue but the highlight for me was on page 108 (sorry Darran!!!).....The Making of Blast Corps coming next issue!

Now if only Rare would do the decent thing & release a 360 version then I'd be in hog heaven

Comment

Pce section, absolutely fantastic, this is indeed a magnificent magazine.
        And a quick column on Radiant silvergun! Brilliant.

Should be good for the mortal kombat fans too, although i'm yet to read that.

Comment

Discover the complete history of one of gaming's goriest beat-em-ups.
          For the mere fact that you said "Goriest" and not "Best" ... I have to respect the magazine even more.

I hope there's a little box, which shows Way Of The Warrior 3DO, and says it's wayyyy better than the yawnsome Kombat series.

The PC-Engine article should be good. Splatterhouse too
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-07-2007, 12:13.

Comment

Damien's PC Engine article is excellent. I also really enjoyed the Mortal Kombat piece. Good issue, but then they pretty much always are good issues.

Comment

Smaller than a packet of crisps...LOL

CVG quote?....think it was in a competition blurb maybe?

Comment

Twas inspired by the picture in CVG of the PC Engine and CD-ROM2 with a packet of skips on top. Behold!

Comment

I might have known some old magazines would come into it somewhere. Let it go, Damien!

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                    The Making of
                    Quake
                    Join us as we go behind the scenes of the mighty Quake.

Developer Lookback
                    SNK Part 3
                    It's been a long journey, but we've finally come to the end of our SNK trilogy. No tears now.
                    Brillant, another purchase me thinks...

Comment

Working...
                    X