Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation games : NTSC <> PAL?

Hi all!

I've got a follow-up question for the thread I started last week (about the conversions of square / enix PSX era RPGs). Do you guys know of a site (database?) that provides information about the quality of the pal conversions of games that have been released in that era? Eg., I have title X in mind; the site would tell me whether X's PAL version is a/ optimized, b/ non-optimized, c/ atrocious (or something like that)?

I've got a list of twenty games or so to check; I don't mind posting the titles here (hoping for your help!?) but I think it'd be preferable to find a check-it-myself solution, because I don't want to bother you all the time. Plus, if I've got further questions about all this...

Thanks!

I don't know dude. There are a handful of gaming like databases but they cleverly seemed to have missed the point in answering some of the common questions gamers ask.

I don't recall many being optimised though apart from a handful of Codemaster's titles (CMR2 springs to mind, original a PAL game anyway I think) and the Gran Tourismo games (and even then it may have just been #2). Aren't non-optimised and atrocious the same thing?

Comment

Just stay away from PAL titles and you should be fine. That's what I did and it's been one of the better decisions in my sorry life.

Comment

Vib Ribbon is a very good PAL conversion, for the record.

Comment

Most are awful.

Comment

Yeah, I feared as much. The problem is : I'm far away from my collection at the moment (I'll be living in Canada for the next six months and I've left the games behind in Europe) yet I'm thinking of re-buying some of the PSX games I already own, to replace my PAL versions with the NTSC equivalents if those actually are the superior versions. Hm. I'll have to keep looking then... and I might pop up here once in a while with questions about a title or two.

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog View Post
              Most are awful.
              Although some games were bad I was a PAL gamer during the PSone era and it did'nt effect me!

Just ignore the technical aspects, jsut enjoy the games!

Comment

Working...
              X