Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti

I bought this game after reading about it in retro gamer, i'm yet to play it as i need a famicom still! but got a quick enquiry..

The game is in a snap lock case, and for some reason..(just checking if its normal) if i were to open it how we open say a megadrive game snap lock case..the box art is upside down! it opens the other way round!

I don't doubt its a original..it even has splatterhouse stickers in there, although some are used!

Do many Famicom games come in these cases..are they all this way round?

Over to you...

Yep, the cover is on the left side and not the right. It's not a misprint.
    It's the later Namco games that come in these cases - along with Splatterhouse, I've got Rolling Thunder, Mappy Land and Dragon Slayer 4: Drasle Family (although I want to sell the last two and pick up the MSX2 version of DS4).

Early Namco Famicom games come in these cute small cardboard boxes - I've got Galaxian, Sky Kid and Mappy. I think some of them like Pacland and Dig Dug might have been reprinted with the plastic cases as well.

There are some other Famicom games that come in plastic cases (Gimmick!, Taito's Don Doko Don 1&2 and maybe Bubble Bobble 2). It's easier to find these games in decent nick so it's a good thing that the designs were allowed to be different, unlike with the SFC.

Comment

Thanks mezza, something else i've learnt

Comment

The games wins for the michael jackson bit

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
          I bought this game after reading about it in retro gamer, i'm yet to play it as i need a famicom still! but got a quick enquiry..
          Sorry to jump in, but I love it when people say this. Just means we're doing the job we originally intended

Comment

I use to play that game for hours on genesis. Maybe they should make a update, but i fear it will be very very violent.

Comment

Working...
            X