Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadow of Memories / Destiny - where to get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played and completed it years ago (that doesn't happen offer often!).

Does the PS2 version work on the PS3? Anyone know...?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
      What sort of game is it?
      An odd sort of combat-free adventure/roleplaying time game set in the real world. You are murdered at the start of the game and spend the majority of your time being murdered then travelling back in time to prevent your killing. An early example would be when you struck with a knife by an assailant from behind a tree, and so go back in time to when the tree was planted and alter the course of events.

It's a whodunnit too - just who is your mystery assailant?

The cutscenes are great, though the voice acting is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
        As far as I can find out the XBox version was, unusually, a Jap and UK/EU release only.
        Actually, there's no JP release either and I have been trying to find out what the differences are in the XBOX rev...

Comment

I had this on the PS2, but it got stolen after my sister borrowed it and her house was burgled.

It was a decent game which I mostly enjoyed, in spite of a few truly infuriating 'drop-down-dead-for-no-explicable-reason' moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Shou View Post
            Actually, there's no JP release either and I have been trying to find out what the differences are in the XBOX rev...
            I was going by the information at Gamefaqs - it says the JAP XBox version of Shadow of Memories was due for release on 22/02/00. Thinking about it that does seem somewhat unlikely :-) Probably should have read 22/02/02 but I'll take your word for it was never never released there but it's even more strange that Konami would produce a XBox version only for the UK/EU.

Comment

Funny I played through this recently. I love this game. Much underappreciated.

Comment

Remember playing this yonks ago. I got to a bit where my character kept dropping dead and I couldn't quite work out why. The worst thing was that I seemed to be in a position where I couldn't progress full stop as I couldn't go anywhere apart from the spot where I died. May have just been me being dense though.

Would like to give it another try. Seeing as the xbox ver seems to sell for half a fortune, I think i'll be going for the PS2 version of ebay.

Comment

Found the xbox version at gamstation, in the 4 for ?10 section so try your local and you might get lucky..

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                    Does the PS2 version work on the PS3? Anyone know...?
                    It's compatible with no known issues!

Comment

Working...
                    X