Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Dreamcast games for 2008

The Legend will NEVER DIE!

Redspotgames who recently(ish) released Last Hope, have just announced 2 new games.

Dalforce, is vertical shooter.

But NON SHOOT EM UP DC RELEASE SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!111111one2112

Wind and Water Puzzle Battles will be a puzzle game believe it or not, and not a shooter... mega novelty value there.

Both games should be on show at the Leipzig thingy doo dah not E3 event. Obviously neither game is official/endorsed by Sega, but Last Hope had some stunning packaging production values it has to be said.

So now all we need is for Sega to announce that they're working on a special 1 off DC game for 2008 to celebrate it's 10th anniversary and the console can fade feeling complete, and "lol" at the fact that it outlived both the Gamecube and the Xbox for commercial relaeses.

Here's a great quote from that link:

Ah the Dreamcast... like that awesome person you meet that gets mauled by cougars the very next day..

This is good news. Lets hope it inspires over devs to work on the DC. There will probably be some more DC announcements. I doubt Sega will make one though.

Does anyone know how many copies Ikaruga, Border Down, Under Defeat, have sold? ... I'd be interested to know?

Comment

Well, I featured DAL Force on Retro Core Dreamcast Shooting Special II under it's original title of XOP 5 months ago. I have two early builds of the game and even back then it was great fun to play. I can't wait to see the final version.

Yakumo

Comment

well.......just hope there better then last hope is all i can say in this case beggars can be choosers

Comment

I've read the opening article about 4 times now. I really am finding it hard to believe it is having support. Its really fantastic.

Comment

That's awesome!
            It may be not an official release but it still lives on, woo!

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
            So now all we need is for Sega to announce that they're working on a special 1 off DC game for 2008 to celebrate it's 10th anniversary and the console can fade feeling complete, and "lol" at the fact that it outlived both the Gamecube and the Xbox for commercial relaeses.
            Man I would love to see that. All I want is one more game from Sega, next year, then the console can rest in peace.

I was going to start a huge petition and **** using a website I was going to build, I shoved it up with a holding page and some people found it and got talking about it, but I'm just thinking of not bothering as the thing was meant to appeared in April... It's nearly finished but it may seem pointless. I may get it finished this week, maybe. Don't know.

Comment

These arent real games.

Its good to see such enthusiasm from hobby developers tho.

Comment

Obviously neither game is official/endorsed by Sega, but Last Hope had some stunning packaging production values it has to be said.
                Yeh, nice packaging, shame the game sucked. I'd love to see the DC live on as much as the next person, but these non-official homebrew efforts, while totally admirable (I couldn't make something like that), leave me cold. I think we're kidding ourselves a bit that the console's not dead- what are the chances of a legit Sega-endorsed game now?

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                  Yeh, nice packaging, shame the game sucked. I'd love to see the DC live on as much as the next person, but these non-official homebrew efforts, while totally admirable (I couldn't make something like that), leave me cold. I think we're kidding ourselves a bit that the console's not dead- what are the chances of a legit Sega-endorsed game now?
                  I think people are going on about *Last Hope* too much. Apart from that, the DC has had quite a few excellent games since its death in 2001.

Ikaruga, Border Down, Under Defeat, and a few others.

Maybe it's the fact that people are getting a bit fed-up with new Dreamcast games always being shooters. The ways things are now, I think a lot of DC fans would get much more excited about something from a different genre; such as a 2D platformer etc...

Redspot may surprise people though, I hope so.

Comment

As much as I love new DC games coming out, I'm getting fed up of it just being shooters.

Sonic & Knuckles 2 plz Sega! Haha.

Comment

Shenmue III confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                      X