Help needed with finding gamebit tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with finding gamebit tool

As the title suggests I need some help trying to find a gamebit tool, more specifically one that will fit and open up a Sega Nomad console as I've found that there's a dry connection at the power socket that needs fixing!

The only ones I've found on eBay charge extortionate postage, can anyone out there help?

If its the standard one that opens SNES's etc, I've got one I could lend ya - if you want to buy one - Rob Webb does 'em over on his site:

Comment

Extortionate postage? Don't forget eBays extortionate listing fee, extortionate final value fee, and extortionate PayPal fees. Not to mention packaging costs. Plus sellers 'massaging' the item price and postage price i.e. cheaper item price, but higher postage price to make it seem cheaper, whereas you can have a higher item price and lower postage price but it looks more expensive..

I have some on there, and I think the postage is quite reasonable!

Comment

Have you tried the melted pen trick - that's really cheap...

Comment

RS sells them as tamperproof bits. http://rswww.com

Comment

This toolkit is the daddy - postage is reasonable and never had a problem with them so far (I'e ordered an Xecutor and DMS pro from them as well): http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/...813ea98bf975ad
            Apologies about the long url but i've not done it before!

Comment

Ta very much for the replies guys! I had a go at the melted pen trick, but the hole where the screw is located on the Nomad isn't wide enough for the pen barrel to fit in, and it's also quite far in (if you imagine looking at the thing as a side on cut section, the screw is about an inch into the machine if that makes sense!).

I don't think the standard length gamebit tools will be long enough to reach the screwhead, but I will order a tool anyway and find out.

Comment

Mine work.. as my opened Nomad will prove you just fit the bit onto a hex screwdriver..

Comment

Hehe! Sounds like a blatant plug there ChaoticJelly Lol! Sounds like that might do the job though!

Shall have a look!

Comment

Originally posted by dannywhac View Post
                    If its the standard one that opens SNES's etc, I've got one I could lend ya - if you want to buy one - Rob Webb does 'em over on his site:
                    http://www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/
                    Lol, found this on that site which made me smile!
                    Originally posted by Rob Webb
                    Sony Playstation/2 ASCII Grip Pad ?9.90

Boxed 95% new, with manual
                    Yeah, I do like my new stuff to be at least 94% new!

Comment

I have tried the melted pen trick in the past and it never seems to work. I ended up with a burned pen and a cart which has melted a little.

Comment

Yep, it's not advisable - it worked for me once on a PC Engine but then I tried it on a SNES cart and #*&%$£ it right up.

Got the proper tool now...

Comment

I never understood why people done the dodgy pen method whenever the tools are cheap as chips anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X