Remember a Retro Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember a Retro Game?

I've had a retro game floating around in my mind, but can't remember the name.

1. It was an 8bit computer game ( probably on all formats, maybe consoles too? )

2. You control a Park Ranger.

3. You have to patrol up and down a lakeside area, and there is a lake which you can travel around in a dingy.

4. There are all manner of obstacles and troublesome people/animals.

5. I seem to recall that one of the main things you had to do is pick-up litter from the ground and lake.

Please help. We could make this a continuous thread if people want?
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-10-2007, 07:58.

Park Patrol.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
      Park Patrol.
      What a simple name. I should have remembered that.

Here is the version I played on the Amstrad in the late 80s. One of the first games I played as a kid in the late 80s. I'll have to give it another go.

Comment

It's a lovely game; still holds up well today, I think. (I played it on the C64 for the Firebird budget price of £1.99).

Comment

It's a lovely game; still holds up well today, I think. (I played it on the C64 for the Firebird budget price of £1.99).
          I remember the Firebird label. I looked around, and it seems like it was always a budget game on the 8bit computers. £1.99 .... what a bargain.

Edit: It was an Activision game, but never got released by them, and Firebird bought it and released it on their budget label.

Here is a Zzap64 review: http://www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/disp...e=zzap&check=1

They loved it. As Jaz Rignall says, " This must rank as one of the best budget games ever "
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-10-2007, 09:08.

Comment

Zenji, Arcade Classics, I-Ball, Park Patrol, Zolyx, Warhawk -- all brilliant Firebird/Silverbird cheapies. XBox Live is the nearest we get to that kind of value now. (Though I don't think anything will ever beat one of my all-time favourite C64 games, Thrust...)

Comment

Zenji, Arcade Classics, I-Ball, Park Patrol, Zolyx, Warhawk -- all brilliant Firebird/Silverbird cheapies. XBox Live is the nearest we get to that kind of value now. (Though I don't think anything will ever beat one of my all-time favourite C64 games, Thrust...)
              I think Gravity Force 2 on the Amiga is a lot like Thrust. Those types of games are really tough, but fun all the same. GF2 has a great 2-player mode.

Comment

I seem to remember playing that a loooong time ago; but I'll check it out again. Ta.

Comment

I remember the version of GF2 they gave away on the front of Amiga Power too, renamed to Gravity Power

Comment

Originally posted by babs View Post
                    I remember the version of GF2 they gave away on the front of Amiga Power too, renamed to Gravity Power
                    I looked on Lemonamiga. Gravity Force 2 was released in 1990, and Gravity Power came out in 1995( said to support AGA too )

I stopped using my Amiga in 93, so I missed that one. Looks good though.

Gravity Power

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                      Edit: It was an Activision game, but never got released by them, and Firebird bought it and released it on their budget label.
                      Correction... it wasn't released in the UK (along with Zone Ranger)... they only made the UK eventually as you say via the Firebird budget label.

Here's the original US disk release cover art (actually scanned by my original)...

Park Patrol is a Commodore 64 miscellaneous arcade game released in 1984 by Activision.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Correction... it wasn't released in the UK (along with Zone Ranger)... they only made the UK eventually as you say via the Firebird budget label.

Here's the original US disk release cover art (actually scanned by my original)...

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details...2&coverID=2106
                        Thanks for the update. Firebird were lucky to have such a good game.

Comment

Working...
                        X