No announcement yet.

The King of Fighters games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 / 99 on dc are alright ports, apart from the 3d backgrounds etc.

I remember playing the homecart of 98 for the first time after the DC version for years, and staring in amazement at the size of the sprites in comparison.

DC is a good place to start really, I hear the 2k/2k1 ports are very good too, but I've never played them.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
      98 / 99 on dc are alright ports, apart from the 3d backgrounds etc.

I remember playing the homecart of 98 for the first time after the DC version for years, and staring in amazement at the size of the sprites in comparison.

DC is a good place to start really, I hear the 2k/2k1 ports are very good too, but I've never played them.
      QFT.

98 and 99 are ok on DC. But worse than the original versions. I think DC 98 also had shorter BGM, and restarts. Also, those cool 3d backgrounds made it so that the settings did not change, so no possible night versions in the last round.

2k and 2k1 are pretty much identical to the Neo (they are better than the Ps2 ports), difference is that the resized sprites look worse on DC than they do on the Neo (as is also the case with LB2 and Garou). The difference is actually very reasonable on bigger TV's... Neo is MUCH LESS pixelated.

I've ran 2k side by side.
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 30-11-2007, 15:48.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the DC LB2 port, felt nothing like the MVS version

Comment

2k1 is my favourite KOF, even though it looks ugly and soudns worse.

Just cos the Ikari boys are monsters in it compared to most other versions.

TBH once SNK had made Garou, KOF always seemed a bit...****e...to me. Why couldnt they have rolled out the utterly perfect Garou graphics and gameplay to the series? hey ho.

Comment

Too many characters eat up the megabit count basically

people have pined for a lower character count KOF with better graphics for agesss, aint gonna happen. I guess on TypeX2 they are redrawing the whole lot though

Comment

Am I the only 2k3 lover here?

Comment

not a big fan, you can literally zanretsuken everyone in the game in the corner with ryo.

its broken, but a little fun I guess.

Comment

My fav is The King of Fighters '99 Evolution on DC so much so I wore the disc out . I owned 98,99,2k,2k1 on neo geo aes and I still prefered the DC version of 99 evo but thats the same for me with Garou MOW, bought a neo geo aes for that and prefered the DC music lol so flogged em all.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the MOTW DC port, or LB2, they just feel too wierd and unalike the originals, the kof's are ok though.

Comment

Those Garou and Last Blade 2 GD-Roms also lag, due to the on the fly streaming of the disc.

Garou also has sidebars IIRC.

Comment

ah yes, I forgot about the loading of sounds etc, ROM for the win

Comment

Just nostalgic preference, because I never got other KOF's after '95 on my NeoGeo CD, but that was my fav for the jazz themed soundtrack... and the introduction of Iori! Mental laugh!

Comment

Working...
                          X