Sega Pirate TV!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Pirate TV!

I've hit gold tonight... I've found ads which I've searched months to find... They were within various TV ad compilations but I've ripped out what we're wanting to see!

Pirate TV - Aladdin

Pirate TV - Sonic Spinball

Pirate TV - Planet of the Pigs

This one isn't pirate TV, but it's another classic UK Sega ad that was also found... Starring the same guy from the Cyber Razor Cut ad we all remember!

Sonic The Hedgehog

I'm going to keep scouring the 'net to see if I can uncover more gems...

Man, classic adds! Thanks for uploading them. I can't see them here in work but I'll be sure to check them out when I get home tonight.

Yakumo

Comment

I know where there's a copy of the Sonic & Knuckles Pirate TV ad on VHS too... That's if it's not been binned...

When I was doing business studies in high school we watched a video about advertising and Sega were featured on it with the whole ad... This was back in 2001... I'm tempted to ring my old school and beg for it. But that would be sad...

Comment

Cheers for those, they really were classics. Watching them now brings back loads of memories

Comment

Classics. And that's Spudgun from Bottom in the Pigs one!

I remember the Game Gear ad best - it's what made me nag my parents for one!

Comment

They were wiped from my memory.

Comment

The 16bit age was golden for enthusiasm. These days.. it's mostly dull marketing, and far too serious.

The Pig Advert is hilarious. I suddenly feel like playing on my Mega Drive

Comment

Jesus! This lot takes me back I remember watching these adverts as an acne ridden teen and drooling over the awesome graphics! Happy days, where mum cooked my tea and I didn't have to pay the damn bills.................

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                  The 16bit age was golden for enthusiasm. These days.. it's mostly dull marketing, and far too serious.

Too right, adverts now are cack lifestyle adverts... The worst advert at the moment is the 360 ad with that awful song. This is it. It actually makes me turn over. The PS3, Wii and DS adverts are ****e too.

Comment

The Reason why the Sega Pirate vids are Decent and like-able is because it's the 90's!

Everything was good in the 90's,

The uk rave scene.

Euro-dance ruled the charts (not like todays charts with ****ty non-stop indie bands)

16bit gaming was the ****.

the PS1,

many other tings, even wrestling was cool back then

But now, look at todays world. The Adverts are made to be Serious. with silly background music whats sounds intelligence but which isn't... it's Crap!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_the_browndog View Post
                      The Reason why the Sega Pirate vids are Decent and like-able is because it's the 90's!

Everything was good in the 90's,

The uk rave scene.

Euro-dance ruled the charts (not like todays charts with ****ty non-stop indie bands)

16bit gaming was the ****.

the PS1,

many other tings, even wrestling was cool back then

But now, look at todays world. The Adverts are made to be Serious. with silly background music whats sounds intelligence but which isn't... it's Crap!
                      I have to agree. Even rap music was enjoyable in the 90s.

Look at the majority of games these days; most are dull variations on old skool classics. Others have drab design, with no energy, and horrible licensed music tracks.

I'm not saying that everything is bad now. On the whole though, I think the 90s games, music, films, were generally more in-ya-face fun.

I'd say the energy and enthusiasm of 80s culture, was still alive in the 90s, but slowly faded. Today, little of that magic remains. Cynical remakes and copies of older masterpieces, just don't cut it.

It's easy to see why a lot of people enjoy retro gaming

Comment

Working...
                      X