Sega Genesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Genesis

Hi all was bored tonight and while surfing ebay I ended up buying a genesis 2, I dont know much about them but I fancied playing altered beast + wonderboy, can anyone tell me if its just genesis games I can play or can I buy normal megadrive or japenese games. Is it worth buying the scart lead for the connection? any advice on a couple of games worth buying would be great, other than wonderboy and altered beast I aint played anything on the megadrive, also is it worth looking out for the cd attachment

Thanks
    Last edited by scotty; 15-12-2007, 20:04.

I have an adaptor in 1 of my trade threads if you ever need one.

Comment

Thanks I will keep it in mind, dunno if the ebay seller will actually send it as it sold for so low

Comment

You can play most pal md games on a genesis 2 but some of the later games are region locked. Japanese md games wont fit in the slot unless you use a converter cart or have the slot widened. Or you could have region selection switchs fitted and you'll be able to play more or less any game from any region. A rgb lead is a must although md1 leads dont fit a md2, you need a md2 spesific rgb lead. I wouldnt bother with a mcd2 myself but there are a couple of mcd games worth playing and loads of amazing carts, try Streets of Rage 2,
        Thunderforce 4,
        Contra,
        Sonic,
        and Revenge of Shinobi, for some of the very best megadrive games money can buy.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, was the genesis only released in the usa. Thats good about the pal games means I can snap up wonderboy which I cant seem to see for the genesis only the md itself. Is there any convertor avaliable for playing master system games like there is for the pal md, I assume I could prob just use the same one. I guess you have a Japenese system? I will look out for they games assuming the genesis gets sent.

Thanks

Comment

Genesis is us only, dunno about the master system converter though, sorry.

Comment

If you've got a Genesis 2, you should be able to use Datel's Master System convertor, but it only plays SMS cartridges and not cards. I don't know if a PAL Master System convertor was ever released for the Megadrive 2, but I know that the one for the MD1 is totally the wrong shape to fit an MD2/Genesis 2.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Don't listen to the advice about not getting a Mega-CD 2 though... not playing games such as Snatcher, the Lunar series, Silpheed, Popful Mail, Batman & Robin and Soulstar is an absolute crime in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                  X