Hucard Convertor. Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hucard Convertor. Where?

Does anybody know where I can get a Hucard convertor for a Turbo Grafx?
    Thanks in advance

Apparently super hard to get. There's a few different types, that occasionally pop up on ebay. If you just want to play Jap hucards... get an old core grafx unit, it'll probably be cheaper and easier. If you want it to use an arcade card on your duo... good luck!

I had a green diving board converter hanging around unused for years. Can't find it now tho can I...

Comment

Originally posted by corgi74 View Post
      Does anybody know where I can get a Hucard convertor for a Turbo Grafx?
      Thanks in advance
      Telegames have some listed for ?25 each, now whether they ACTUALLY have them, is probably another matter, and whether they will raise the price after you've paid.. who knows.. but maybe worth a shot.. personally, I wouldn't deal with them ever again, but that is another story.

Failing that, the same effect as the converter can be achieved via modding, a small circuit connected to the HuCard connector pins (certain ones have to be cut), with a SPST switch to change between USA/Japanese region.

I've done a few of these in the past, and it works better than any flaky converter..

Comment

I have a feeling that the Telegames ones may be the wrong way round for your needs ie, they are for playing US Turbografx games on a PC Engine..

Make sure you check first.

Comment

Whats the damage to have one made up Chaotic?

Comment

Working...
          X